Sony Ericsson C905 - sample shots and lowdown on camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Sony Ericsson C905 - sample shots and lowdown on camera

Sony Ericsson once had intentions to equip the C905 with one of the best CMOS chips out there, but eventually ditched this idea, since the tally turned out to be way too hefty. That's how come the Sony Ericsson C905 will hit the market with Sony's very own Exmor camera module onboard, although it won't be the first handset to feature this chipset - in fact it debuted in some offerings aimed at the Japanese market some time ago; and while sporting a less impressive megapixel count, some of these handsets boasted glass lenses and optical zoom instead.

If we are to compare it with already existing cameras offered by other manufacturers, the Exmor module doesn't give the C905 any substantial edge over its competition, furthermore, the much-touted noise reduction algorithm doesn't seem to do a decent job, since you will see the same amount of noise on images as before. All in all, when it comes to mobile devices, the Exmor technology, originally designed for reflex cameras with large CMOS matrices doesn't look like a particularly good solution - to make things work there, they will need something new, more tailored to the specifics of mobile phones. As far as the Exmor's competition goes, both OmniVision's (which are about to start shipping and will trump Sony's offerings on many fronts) and Samsung's matrices seem more fetching. The main reason why they decided to run with Sony's camera module developed in-house is actually twofold - there are some political and pricing-related issues behind this decision. Basically, Sony Ericsson won't be able to churn out lots of C905 units and other phones employing the same matrix, since essentially it's not a mainstream phone - unlike the Sony Ericsson K750/K800, the new C905 won't have tremendous sales, which has already been proven by the K850i's unsatisfying performance on the market (mainly because it was late to the market, but there are other reasons too, we'll get to them later). On the other hand, Sony is after smaller production costs for its chipset - other players on the market don't quite queue up to buy it, for it has better alternatives out there. But let's stop right here, since this is not quite what this article is all about, and get straight to the most interesting part - image samples.

Continue reading...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Mobile-review??? ROFL!!!

This guy went onto say that the W980 has crap sound quality.I would believe my housemaid than this guy.

this guy first went on blabbering about how this phone has a Samsung sensor.Then when SE issued a press release he changed his opinion.Then he actually went and reviewed the older proto.hamless guy.busy bashing SE.Doesnt matter though.All mobile sties have lauded the C905.

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Mobile-review??? ROFL!!!

This guy went onto say that the W980 has crap sound quality.I would believe my housemaid than this guy.

this guy first went on blabbering about how this phone has a Samsung sensor.Then when SE issued a press release he changed his opinion.Then he actually went and reviewed the older proto.hamless guy.busy bashing SE.Doesnt matter though.All mobile sties have lauded the C905.

Unlike others which prefer beating around the bush when it comes to speaking out the truth, this guy says whatever he feels openly without caring for others. The Apple fanboys were similarly infuriated when he said stuff about the iPhone, even going as far as to bringing his site down by the DDoS attack. That obviously hasn't deterred him. And he still prefers saying the truth.

Also I assume you didn't actually go to the page and read what was written. Anyways if you have any other links then share them here. Ones where C905 is shown in better light, as you so claim.

Power UP

In the zone
Interesting read

I guess we can't just label C905 as the best cam phone without proper reviewing with other phones :neutral:

After all we want quality & not just megapixel increase ( not to mention increase in file size) :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*smape.com/en/reviews/sony_ericsson/Sony_Ericsson_C905-prev_en.html

Check this out.This Eldar guy is BS. He he crapped about the C905 that is has a crappy samsung sensor. Yea, its true. C905 has a samsung sensor.What a shame.

W902 has the same sound quality as the W980 and he went on to say that it should be cancelled.This guy should be hanged.W902 will be a bestseller.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Dreamcatcher , please , please learn to give respect where its due.

You say elder is bullshit ? This guy get most phone first . Why ? He is one of the most respected man in mobile industry .

He gives most unbiased review of all the sites. That's why he is respected by all. Need prove ? Read his review of the phones like w800 , k750 , k790 etc.he did bashed nokia in those review.

If you read his site , he already reviewed Motorola Zn5 in its announcement day , reviewed n96 over a month ago , already compared samsung innov8 with others and seems like he already have nokia's 8mp prototype(he seems confident when he says nokia will announce 8mp around same time as c905 ships and will be shipping immediately). Now do you really think companies will be giving their prototype model to a bullshit person ?

Tamoghno

Padawan
i remember you questioned my photography knowledge few days back right ? I think this review already proved my points right .

i remember you questioned my photography knowledge few days back right ( when you were saying se gonna put dslr sensor in their camphone) ? I think this review already proved my points right .

Last edited:
OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The very fact that Eldar is the first to have a final C905, before anyone else speaks volumes about his stature in the mobile industry. No prototype testing here. He has mentioned the same in the review. The C905 tested is the same as one that will hit stores later. Only the firmware is not final.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^Now dreamcatcher will say, SE will make it better in future firmwares. LOL

And mobile cams will never reach power a standalone Digital camera.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
WTF!!!!

Yea right.you guys carry on with your SE bashing. But fact is, other sites have taken pics with the C905 and they have come out much better than what that crap Eldar has taken.

Someone who says that the W980 has crap sound quality, which eventually goes to to win the best music phone award and accolades from all mobile sites worldwide is nothing but a muse.

Yea, Eldar praised SE in his previous bouts when he reviewed the k800 or the k750s.But times have changed and he has changed his stance.He publicly demolishes SE. His comment that SE cancelled the Paris coz Eldar told them to, was utter BS as proclaimed by SE.

Anyways, i dunno why Eldar said that the C905 sues a samsung sensor, and i dunno how he came up with such crappy pics when sites such as smape and others came up with brilliant pics. I guess the other sites have a faukty prototype. We will see when C905 launches as to who is right. As for now, let the crap bashing continue. I will buy the C905 and digit shall see the pics.

Tamoghno

Padawan
These days every camphone produce decent picture . So you cant really tell the difference until you compare . Elder did just that.

By the way , i've seen already seen some of pictures. Checked their exif. I dont think he did anything unusual to make crap pictures.

You still keeps refering to smape and esato ? Everyone knows they are pro se.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Comapre??He compared it to what??? Gsmarena is pro se???Phonearena is pro se??

I know you guys are insanely against SE.But just tell me how does a cam that takes pics like the ones given take pics as provided by that BS Eldar??

*smape.com/image.php?img=/images/review/Sony_Ericsson/C905/cam/DSC00057.JPG

*smape.com/image.php?img=/images/review/Sony_Ericsson/C905/cam/DSC00058.JPG

*smape.com/image.php?img=/images/review/Sony_Ericsson/C905/cam/DSC00048.JPG

All pics taken with the C905

*flickr.com/photos/virgilefontaine/sets/72157606828785947/

*flickr.com/photos/andershansen/2660726820/sizes/o/in/set-72157606702494033/

*flickr.com/photos/andershansen/2683047648/sizes/o/in/set-72157606702494033/

All these pics are at least a month old and newer and better firmwares have been released. Eldar has the latest hardware and the firmware. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom