Sony DW-G120A or DRU-820A

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbaifans

Right off the assembly line
Hey

Theres a problem with my CD WRITER as well as i want to buy a DVD writer.

Firstly, i will tell you regarding my problem,

I have a Samsung CD Writer Model SH-R522C , i bought it on Jan. this month, i have burned around 30 CDs not much, recently i was burning a VCD, 1st CD i have written smoothly, than when i put another cd for writing, it doesnt detects my cd,so i have put another Blank CD and still , writer doesnt detects it, so i have put the cd which i have already written, it doesnt detects it either, actually it doesnt detects any cds. I have checked my IDE cable, i have done every possible things but still its not detecting any cds. Please tell me a solution to this problem.

I live in Mumbai. Also help me in locating a service center, near Malad (Mumbai) , so if there isnt any solution i will give the writer to the service center and get it repaired.

Secondly,

I wanted to buy a DVD writer, after searching in the threads, i have found that LiteOn SHM-165P6S and Benq 1670 a good writer, here in my place, i am unable to find a dealer to sell a Benq or LiteOn products. I am getting a Sony DW-G120A (clone of Liteon) and Sony DRU-820A (clone of Benq). If any member can help me where i can find a Benq or Liteon shop in Mumbai and also is the service center available in Mumbai for Benq and Liteon than its well and good.

Tell me a difference between G120A and 820A , what is the exact difference in these writers, because price wise theres a big difference. What is the best price i can get of these writers in Mumbai.

In my place, i am getting G120A(OEM) for Rs. 2000 and 820A(Box Packed) for Rs. 2400. So, theres a difference of 400 bucks, so is there any difference in the feature or function in both these writers.

Also tell me that is there any difference in features comparing Sony G120A with LiteOn SHM- 165P6S and also is there any difference in features comparing Sony 820A with Benq 1670.

If you think theres a better writter than the above, please recommend.

Thanx in advance

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
both drives are rebadged ones .

G120 A - LITE ON SHM 165P6S - i have this one . great drive
DRU 820 A - BENQ DW 1670 - good drive . but not as good as other benq drives ..

go for the first one .. a good all rounder ..

OP
M

mumbaifans

hey yogi thanx for the reply.

If G120A is better than why its cheaper than 820A (Rs. 400 difference). Can you tell me the difference in technical specification , does G120A supports DVD-RAM.
Can you recommend me a shop where i can get it at cheaper price. I am getting G120A as OEM, what does OEM means.

Can i find Benq or Liteon writers in Mumbai and that too with service centers in Mumbai.

Sorry for so many questions, i want to buy a DVD writer as early as possible. and what about my CD writer problem, please look for it also.

Thanx again

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
do as i did .. oem means original eqipment manufacturer ..

oem drives comes without box ..

now G120A is what i got .. then crossflashed it to LITE ON SHM 165P6S .. pretty easy .. and this writer is best .. for any kind of media . ..cheap 10 rs ones and the costly moser baer ones .. and yes it super multi .. hence has support for dvd-ram media .. which by the way not available in india.

avoid dru 820 a- as said earlier its benq dw 1670 .. not as good as other benq drives like 1640 , 1650 ,1655 .. which were based on philips nexperia chipset .. and 1670 is based on panasonic chipset based .. not regarded hightly of ..

get this oem drive .. and its equally good in cd writing too. .. hence dont worry abt ur cd writer .. or ask some one else here ..

and sony is always expensive compared to others .. hence that 400 rs difference ..

and also with lite on u will get additional features as disc error scanning , and different tweaks for writing and even read speed hacks .. there is a large lite on community out there and lots of tools available too..

if u want to know good shops at lamington then pm me

OP
M

mumbaifans

Thanx for the reply. Does oem comes with warranty and if yes than is it same as box packed

Where can i buy a G120A in Mumbai. Can you also tell me where can i get the Benq writers in Mumbai.

I have heard that if u crossflash a writer . its warranty gets void.

If i buy a Benq, is the service center available in Mumbai.

Whats is the difference between DVD-R DVD+R DVD-RW DVD+RW. What media is available in the media for normal writing purpose and what media is available for rewriting purpose.

Thanx again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom