Sony DVD Wr problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
I have got a sony DRU-510A DVD writer that crashes DVD while after writing it tries to finalize a session while writing multisession discs.Its about two yrs. old.I have tried nero and ashampoo burning software.Same problem.Is the writer has a problem?

Krow

Crowman
Yeah... That's what it looks like. DVD Writers don't last long these days. However if you are not willing to buy a new one (Rs.1000), u cn get it checkd @ service centre and they might just be able to repair it by replacing the lens(thats what they did when my samsung wasnt working so good). But I recommend you buy a new one. :)

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
sony ends with a problem, my Sony DRU-170C has been not reading any DVD since a year, and now it is not writing DVD's too...I just say buy a new drive, probably go for SAMSUNG

Krow

Crowman
I recommend LG. Both Samsung and LG more or less perform well. Remember to get a SATA DVD RW and not an IDE one. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys, I had faced a problem with dvd writer where it takes long time (even with DMA on) in XP and fails. When I use vista/win7, it's just fine.

let the thread starter use that dvd burner on other os (atleast on a live linux dvd) to test and also check cables etc before buying a new one.

rakz

Broken In
Same problem with me also. I have got a SONY DRU 170c. Bought it for 2350 wen it was out 1 yr back. now it doesnt write dvds. But it reads them perfectly. CD writing is also working. Some bootable discs doesnt work. Sometimes discs written in my pc is not readable on others pc and vice versa. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom