sony dvd drive tray is not opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evewin89

In the zone
I opened my sony dvd drive for cleaning its lens & after cleaning,I attached it back 2 the p.c but now its tray is not opening & its light is glowing all the time, guys plz help.:confused:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Well.... I think you made a booboo when you were cleaning the lens. Contact Sony customer care and tell them that the drive tray is not ejecting and the light is always glowing. Don't tell them that it happened after you cleaned the lens. They should believe you.

Scorpion

Journeyman
U opened it to clean the lens? :O well, the service centre guys will know it as soon as they look at it... no point in bluffing. But, Give it a try.

I think the cable didnt fit in right, check it out first. Clean the connector too.

digitalage

java is fun.
in my opinion u might have removed the belt which drives the tray in and out or might be gears are jacked from their position..... if u r not a expert plz do contact the customer care for services...

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
Thanks 4 ur replies…. Now I m able 2 open the tray smoothly (only without metal cover) but as soon as I cover the drive wit its metal cover,the tray is not opening. I think the metal cover is not allowing the tray 2 open, I hav already checked more than 10 times which part of the metal cover is stopping the tray 2 open but I m not able 2 solve the peoblem

digitalage

java is fun.
difficult to figure it out from here ... it will be a help if u post a closeup pic of ur drive without metal cover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom