Sony CRX320E...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sAr

Broken In
hi all
i got the Sony CRX320E CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo), 52x (CD), 16x (DVD) Read, 52x (CD) Write, 24x (CD-RW) ReWrite.
the thing is, nero doesn't show up anything over 40X for burning thought the media is 52X.
what could be the prob.

thanx

OP
S

sAr

Broken In
Jus found out guyz, the drive needs to be set to turbo mode by pressing down the eject button for 5 secs, but the sucker goes back to 40X afterwards.
what the heck did sony guyz put this turbo shit in for

sniper

Broken In
cos some crappy quality CDs explode at 52x. whats the prob man. ive got crx230e cdrw. that 40x thing wont affect ur work practically. when u need speed just press the eject button for 5 secs.

OP
S

sAr

Broken In
come on man, hear yourself say that again.
"If i need the speed i'll press the eject button for 5 sec"

justify that to me.
tell me when don't u need the speed??? :twisted:

n all the cd-r now handle 48x to 52x

darklord

Cyborg Agent
As u might be knowing that SONY CD-R are LiteOn drives.You can flash LiteOn firmware for this drives and remove this 5sec thing right away.

sniper

Broken In
@darklord...humm...ill check that out. i have upgraded my firmware tho.(from Sony QYS1 to Sony QYS3)

@sAr...sure man...speed is cool but for all the basic put-in and take-out jobs u dont need 52x thats about 7.8 mbps !. 40x is about 6mbps, good enough. tell me what kind of work other than data copying need speeds upto 7.8 mbps. even there would hadly be any difference in time taken to write cds at 52x than at 40x. be practical and be happy. i sure u might have heard stories about older Chip or other cheapo disks exploding in drives. its better to be safe.

drum

Right off the assembly line
which laptop

i am thinking of getting a laptop. i am planning to get it from US , the 2 brands i am looking foward to are - sony and ibm.. i need the laptop for mobile use ... sony i chkd out the S series. ... and in ibm i checkd out the t41, i read some reviews also and they say ibm is gud.. but i cant decide which one to buy,, also one more reason for ibm is that i will get 1yr warranty in india which i will not get if i buy a sony coz sony has not launched its laptops in india but in sony the config is a lil better according to the price..so ..please help me decide which one will be better

OP
S

sAr

Broken In
nice one drum :twisted:

n i'll sure check out the lite-on firmware darklord - thanx

n sniper man, i still think more the speed, the merrier u are. neways, u stick to your slow but sure theory, it does come handy sometimes 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom