Sometimes my ISP goes insane...

blackpearl

The Devil
... and gives me speeds such as this

*i.imgur.com/jTxSygl.png

This happens every now and then. A 700MB movie downloads in about 4 minutes. :)

I should actually be getting speeds of 1Mbps, which I do most of the time. But then it goes crazy for a few hours.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
700mb in around 4 min is approx 23mbps speed which is not much(purely from technical point of view).i used to download at this speed back in 2008 using a corporate connection.this probably happens because of some system maintenance resulting in temporary removal of speed limits on connections.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
@whitestar: maybe that's the reason, but even 23mbps is a lot when I'm paying only for 1mbps.
[MENTION=137025]kalam_gohab[/MENTION]: it's a local ISP but I can't reveal it here, least some technician from the ISP is lurking and sees it. I don't want to lose my benefit.

Gauravs90

geek........
My local ISP have local cache server so that I can download anything on cache server for 32 mbps which is pretty much everything latest on torrents.

Hrishi

I get full 100mbps bandwidth for cached torrents and at times when maintainance is going on i get around 70-80mbps.
Its a local isp.
There was a month where my subscription expired and i enjoyed almost a month of such speeds.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
It happens occasionally for MTNL broadband too. The website for checking data usage goes down and I get 2mbps full (after FUP)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
it happened for me when i was new to fiber...got insane speeds of 50mbps on a 4mps connection(fiber)
i was like :shock: and starred at speedtest not knowing what to download.

vineet09

Broken In
I get full 100mbps bandwidth for cached torrents and at times when maintainance is going on i get around 70-80mbps.
Its a local isp.
There was a month where my subscription expired and i enjoyed almost a month of such speeds.

can you tell me more about what is your isp? i am also looking for high speed and high fup

Blue Leaf

Broken In
Recently something similar happened with me. My connection speed is 1 mbps (9am - 1am) and 4 mbps (1-am - 9am)
But i get 4 mbps all the time :-D Am currently paying Rs.884/month

Some added benefits almost everything on torrent/youtube/steam games / some direct download sites are cached. These contents gets downloaded at 100 mbps

Top Bottom