Something wrong with the motherboard or the CPU?

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman
Sensors SS Latest.jpg
This is the screen shot I was trying to post the Log File as well but seems Thinkdigit doesn't allow uploading .csv files.

Something weird did happen this time the CPU is suppose to go off when it reaches 90 C but some how it reached
128 C in HWmonitor and 224 C on HWinfo though I never managed to see these temps on the Current temps column. (probably it reached that temperature for a fraction of a second or something, thats why I couldn't see it under the current temp column.)

I hope I provided the Correct Screenshot this time.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
where did you see that 224 or 128 C? it must be sensor's fault. nothing to worry,i guess.
you got your cpu replaced,
you got your mobo rma-ed,
you escalated, it is not the issue with ram,
you got to know that psu is not the culprit. so basically you have done everything you can. now for last rescue, get a good cpu cooler like hyper 212 evo and replace with the amd stock one. this should come to the rescue, i guess.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cpu indeed is overheating ... HWinfo shows cpu temp based on tow things : 1. Motherboard sensor module [92c] and 2. The digital sensor on the cpu itself [80c ]

So like rijinpk1 has told some sensor must be faulty and it's triggering cpus over temp protection to shutdown itself or the motherborad is faulty. So if possible test the cpu using another motherboard just to be sure. Also Asus M5A97 has some differnt version specially the LE should not be used with cpus like FX 8350.

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman
The cpu indeed is overheating ... HWinfo shows cpu temp based on tow things : 1. Motherboard sensor module [92c] and 2. The digital sensor on the cpu itself [80c ]

So like rijinpk1 has told some sensor must be faulty and it's triggering cpus over temp protection to shutdown itself or the motherborad is faulty. So if possible test the cpu using another motherboard just to be sure. Also Asus M5A97 has some differnt version specially the LE should not be used with cpus like FX 8350.

So if the sensors are faulty it means that something might be wrong with the motherboard right??,(secondly Prime95 is just checking the CPU and RAM, but even my GPU is reaching a Temperature of almost 95-100 C when playing games like Batman Arkham Origin).

I dont have the LE version I have M5A97 EVO .R2.O.

Should I try RMA'ing it once more.??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
how many fans there's on gamma ? Sort this problem one by one. First remove the gpu and monitor the temps of cpu+the new gpu [ get one from a friend ].. if problem stays as is then you need to think about cpu / mobo.

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman
how many fans there's on gamma ? Sort this problem one by one. First remove the gpu and monitor the temps of cpu+the new gpu [ get one from a friend ].. if problem stays as is then you need to think about cpu / mobo.

In all the Gamma has 3 Fans,
One at the Back of the cabinet which I got with the Cabinet
And I bought two Fans Separately.
1)Fan one is at the Top towards the front side which is working as an exhaust.(this fan blows really really hot air when a Game or prime95 is on.)
2)Second fan is place at the front bottom side as an intake(im not pretty sure if this fan is doing any good).

One of my friend has a Sapphire ATI radeon HD 6870 should I try that??

Also I don't know anyone who has a motherboard which can handle FX8350 so I am short on this one, I cant try my Processor on any other MB.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fan placements looks Ok but instead of putting the fan on front bottom side out it in front of the HDDs - if it's already there get some more fans to create a proper airflow inside of the cabinet.

Do try with your friend's gpu.

Once more make sure you've latest bios version .. use cpu-z and Asus's website for this.

Remount the cpu with good tiM or better a new cooler like CM Hyper 212x but do this after you test your pc with a dufferent gpu.

Top Bottom