Something wrong with the motherboard or the CPU?

My current config is as follows,
CPU- FX-8350
MB- Asus M5A97
RAM- Ripjaws Gskill 1600mhz
GPU- Zotac GTX 760 AMP
PSU- Seasonic S12 II 620W
Cabinet- NZXT Gamma

While testing my CPU on stress test using Prime95
The stress test is getting aborted within 20 mins.

I am uploading the the result file.

There were certain temperature problems previously with the processor and the motherboard.
AMD replaced the processor with a new one (I'm not sure if it was actually new or refurbished)

I Also gave the motherboard to Asus RMA it got fixed.

But now I am again facing high temp problem as well as when games are played they skip someframe's (its hard to explain it, i'll try to upload a video on youtube using shadow play if possible)

So I tried Prime 95 the the stress Test's are failing.

I'm worried what could the problem be, is it the CPU or the motherboard.

Ur suggestions would be really appreciated.

Also suggest me if I should carry out any other tests as well.

Attachments

• results.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 144

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
fx 8350 is a very power hungry cpu. prime95 puts 100 % load on the cpu for several minutes which is more than enough to draw much higher power and your motherboard's vrm design is not upto the mark to dissipate the power generated thereby creating problems. you better not run prime95, else buy a good motherboard with 6 phase or more vrm possible. I guess this is the issue. not sure though. anybody with the same combo can confirm it.rma-ing wont help either, i think.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
fx 8350 is a very power hungry cpu. prime95 puts 100 % load on the cpu for several minutes which is more than enough to draw much higher power and your motherboard's vrm design is not upto the mark to dissipate the power generated thereby creating problems. you better not run prime95, else buy a good motherboard with 6 phase or more vrm possible. I guess this is the issue. not sure though. anybody with the same combo can confirm it.rma-ing wont help either, i think.

I also cannot run my FX 8320 with Asus M5A97 R2.0 prime95 successfully.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My initial hunch was simply a Temperature problem. But from the log it seems, the test is not even able to start. Some kind of "ILLEGAL SUMOUT" error.
So what rijinpk1 holds some truth.

Maybe this thread will help: *www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303896

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman

Im sry rijinpk1 I forget to mention that I dont just Have Asus M5A97 but its M5A97 EVO R2.0
It has 6+2 vrm do you still think that 6+2 vrm are not enough to provide enough power to the fx8350 or should I give it to Asus RMA.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Im sry rijinpk1 I forget to mention that I dont just Have Asus M5A97 but its M5A97 EVO R2.0
It has 6+2 vrm do you still think that 6+2 vrm are not enough to provide enough power to the fx8350 or should I give it to Asus RMA.

did you have the latest bios?

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman
then check ram modules with memtest just to make sure ram is in good working condition.

Running Memtest for alomost 2 hours coverage is almost 150%

Till now no errors found.(should I also try Memtest Pro which runs at the boot?, though I think u were suggesting the normal memtest)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Running Memtest for alomost 2 hours coverage is almost 150%

Till now no errors found.(should I also try Memtest Pro which runs at the boot?, though I think u were suggesting the normal memtest)

i meant the test run by booting it through usb/disk.
do you have any spare psu to use with your current system?

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman
Tried the memtest by booting it through USB still no errors found.

I will be trying the the other PSU shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried with the FSP 500 W

Same results.

Also tried a benchmark Test.
Uploading the result file.

Attachments

• results.txt
    26.6 KB · Views: 140

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check your cpus load volt. keep running HWinfos sensor module in background while running a game / prime. Post the screenshot. Also from bios make sure the cpu fan is running at max speed [ disable any auto fan control ] .

OP
S

saurabh_bansal90

Journeyman
Check your cpus load volt. keep running HWinfos sensor module in background while running a game / prime. Post the screenshot. Also from bios make sure the cpu fan is running at max speed [ disable any auto fan control ] .
Posting the screen shots was trying to capture when the CPU reaches the Maximum Temp but as the PC shutsdown while using Prime95 now uploading the most recent screenshot taken

- - - Updated - - -

Posting the screen shots was trying to capture when the CPU reaches the Maximum Temp but as the PC shutsdown while using Prime95 now uploading the most recent screenshot taken.
2014-03-17 18_46_48-Greenshot Latest.jpgView attachment results.txt

Top Bottom