Status
Not open for further replies.

Renny

Padawan
1. Budget? 8K (max 9K)

2. Display type and size? Capacitive, 3.2"

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Prefer bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. 3.2 MP or higher, ok with or w/o front camera

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G, Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Flash, GPS etc.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Music, calls and sms, gaming, internet thru wifi and 3g

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? HTC Explorer, LG Optimus Net

Any comparable phones from Samsung and Motorola at this price?

I can wait for around 2 more months max, are there any upcoming phones worth the wait?

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
All right guys, now are there any upcoming phones which is worth waiting for (2-3 months)? My birthday comes up around then so I don't mind waiting.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ I doubt any phones under your budget are going to be released soon as the MWC showcased only higher end phones. However you can expect a price drop on a varity of phones in the coming 1-2 months :D

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
^Ok, Any other suggestions guys? Let me wait for the price to drop to 8K.

Looks like I'll be going in for the Explorer,

1. How good is HTC's after sales service? Service centers in Bangalore?

2. Battery duration with WiFi ON (3G OFF), battery duration with WiFi and 3G off?

3. How customizable is it?(Rooting, themes, widgets, icons, fonts, apps etc.)

4. How good is the music/audio quality with decent earphones?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
HTC Service is pretty decent at all places, I don't know much about Bangalore though.
Batter life of Net will be better, and if the data sevice or wifi is on,it will suck your battery like anything.
You can do a lot of customization in it.
Music quality is decent not bad and not good as of ipods ;)

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Guys I'm going in with the Explorer, can't wait anymore, all local shops in Bangalore are charging between 9K-10K, I found it for Rs.8490/- on Ebay,

BRAND NEW LATEST HTC EXPLORER A310E ANDROID 2.3 3.2" SCREEN 3G WIFI 3 MP CAMERA | eBay

Is this deal clean/OK?

Adexmart also has the same price except no headset, which one is better?

sky770

Journeyman
Guys I'm going in with the Explorer, can't wait anymore, all local shops in Bangalore are charging between 9K-10K, I found it for Rs.8490/- on Ebay,

BRAND NEW LATEST HTC EXPLORER A310E ANDROID 2.3 3.2" SCREEN 3G WIFI 3 MP CAMERA | eBay

Is this deal clean/OK?

Adexmart also has the same price except no headset, which one is better?

just make sure you get "manufacturer warranty" and NOT "dealer's warranty"

rest is all up to you bro :)

AFAIK ebay has marginally a few sellers who offer manufacturer's warranty at that price :D so check it before you buy from adexmart/ebay whatever :p

darnee

Broken In
I have the same question and I'm in Bangalore too. The least price of explorer is 9150 in Ezone, Koramangala.

I also liked the ebay deal and he has listed that it has manufacturer warranty and not dealer warranty so that's pretty good. In case you buy it from ebay do post your experience here.

BTW the lowest price of explorer as of now is offered by tradus.in (Rs. 7999). Check it out here:-
HTC Explorer Mobile Phone, Price, Features, Specifications, Reviews | Tradus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom