Some questions and qualms about mobile devices----

I see a lot of unboxing videos on the internet...and they have so many views.
So im wondering why people make such videos. Ok seeing that they get a lot of views, ill change my question to "why do people like watching unboxing videos"
The package contents are already mentioned in Reviews and some previews in written format. Even if they are not mentioned, does our buying decision get affected by it? Some phones dont bundle earphones, yeah, a bummer for some, but still will it make us NOT buy it? Is all the unboxing viewing a result of some kind of wierd fetish which rises out of anticipation?
On a non -tech topic-- i see some Youtube videos on unboxing Blue ray Disc . All it shows is the opening of the Disc case, showing the disc, and the screen cover and thats it, and soooo many views with sooo many Likes...

And one query about App updates.
Do we call it an update if all it does in replace?
Like i have some Android games which are almost 100MB in size. So when some Christmas update comes, i have to do a 100MB App re-installation or "App update" for some minor cosmetic change and new items. More like "App Re-Install" to me :( When Microsoft Word updates its just few MBs and not the entire 600MB reinstall. Maybe the term for "App install" for mobile apps should be changed, since Microsoft Word is an "app" too and it doesnt require reinstall for minor changes.

And whats with Android web browsers refreshing webpages after multitasking. Whether the device has 512Mb, 1Gb or 2 Gb RAM, the web page refreshes after switching from a Game. Is it to save battery and free up RAM. But isnt having more RAM all about Multi tasking ??
Same with games. I play Clash of Clans on a phone with 1Gb RAM, when i minimize it and reopen it after like 2 sec, the game reloads from the start. It doesn't happen with the iPad 2nd Gen which is really old and weak compared to Androids.

sksundram

In the zone
1)why I like watching unboxing videos? Coz I can't lay my hands on all of them in shops. and most importantly they are posted BEFORE reviews. Anticipation rises with it if I am zeroing on buying that very device.
2)people like those unboxing videos of bluray disks the same way people like Justin Bieber's videos.
3)you are right here. Looks like an app reinstall.
4) the program/game is assigned a null value when you minimize it. It doesn't mean all the other apps follow it to. That is why they are terminated to free up memory.

ashs1

Padawan
And one query about App updates.
Do we call it an update if all it does in replace?
Like i have some Android games which are almost 100MB in size. So when some Christmas update comes, i have to do a 100MB App re-installation or "App update" for some minor cosmetic change and new items. More like "App Re-Install" to me :(

yeah. :( this reinstalling things sucks.. :(
just the other day, i downloaded real racing 3 on itunes for my iphone ( a bit more than 1 GB )..after some time, they released an update for RR3 & when i clicked on update on itunes, it started downloading the whole 1 GB again.. :( :/ ..

Bandwidth ki puri marlo... :(

1)why I like watching unboxing videos? Coz I can't lay my hands on all of them in shops. and most importantly they are posted BEFORE reviews. Anticipation rises with it if I am zeroing on buying that very device.
2)people like those unboxing videos of bluray disks the same way people like Justin Bieber's videos.
3)you are right here. Looks like an app reinstall.
4) the program/game is assigned a null value when you minimize it. It doesn't mean all the other apps follow it to. That is why they are terminated to free up memory.

1. Agreed
2. LOL
3. Agreed. Google introduced the feature some time back allowing app updates to come as updates & not re-install. I don't know what happened to that

4. In my N4, if i press home button, the game remains paused. When i go back to it, some games loads up again but resumes from where i left & there are others which remains as it was

Android still has many small things to fix..... Lets hope next android version is a major update, not as disappointing as KK

Top Bottom