Some problems with my new PC:Can anybody help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthur5552000

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends,
I just assembled this new pc.It has a Zebronics cabinet/Intel core 2 duo/Asus P5B-MX WiFi-AP motherboard/XP Professional SP2/Seagate 250GB SATA HDD/2GB Zion RAM/Realtek HD Audio Manager.I am facing some problems with it from the very beginning.I shall be very greatful if anybody can help me to solve them.

1.Sometimes XP is not booting properly.It means it is coming to the main screen where one can see start menu/my computer etc but all start up programs are not getting loaded in the system tray .When I am moving mouse to task bar hourglass appears as if some program is running.I can not access start menu or any other icon in the desktop.Pressing control-alt-del shows no application running.If I try to shutdown from there it shows explorer.exe is not responding.Only option remains is to switching the power off.After doing switch off-on for many times XP loads normally(means I can open programs or access any folder/desktop icons etc).

This is happening 7 out of 10 cases when I am switching on my PC.I have already formatted my C drive and reinstalled XP 3 times yjinking there might be some problem with the OS.

2. I am getting this error message while booting: " Intel cpy uCode loading error". What does it mean?

3. I was getting audio output from my cabinet's front panel headphone jack. But suddenly that stopped.I re-installed Realtek deiver/upgraded it but no improvement.Now I am getting sound only from rear port in the motherboard. Realtek gives analog o/p to rear port and diginal to front panel.So I am loosing digital output.

Please help friends!!!

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
call a qualified electrician and check ur mains outlet..the plug or whatever u called it that you plug your PC power cord into...so as to make sure there are no leakage of electricity ..or it has been earthed properly...touch the side of your cabinet esp. the metal surface..the screws behind the cabinet...etc..see if there are slight shock, got a shock then needs proper earthing...

may u tell us the zebronics cabinet PSU ratings and its cost?

OP
A

arthur5552000

Right off the assembly line
call a qualified electrician and check ur mains outlet..the plug or whatever u called it that you plug your PC power cord into...so as to make sure there are no leakage of electricity ..or it has been earthed properly...touch the side of your cabinet esp. the metal surface..the screws behind the cabinet...etc..see if there are slight shock, got a shock then needs proper earthing...

may u tell us the zebronics cabinet PSU ratings and its cost?

zebronics marina model cabinet along with psu cost me 1350,don't know separate prise for psu.ratings are 115-230v/6-10A/50-60Hz(is this what u meant?)

My older pc was working fine with these power points and they have earthing.I am also using APC 500VA ups.My start up problem somewhat less now after a through virus scan with nod32.But still sometimes I am getting "Generic host process Win32 caused an error etc.." message when connected to net and all downloads stops then.

My front panel sound problem solved after activating AC97 audio(got the clue from another thread in this forum).

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
the psu most probably is has too low a wattage..even when it is specified as 400W or above..it will most likely be inefficient for your configuration...

even without the problem u have mentioned..u need to buy a new power supply (SMPS)

for your config u need around 500W or above..to be on the safe side
CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR Extreme Power 500W 2650 (approx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom