Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys,
my system is running on WinXP pro SP2.

i'm facing some irritating problems:
1>>
My dial-up internet connection automatically try dials and connect. i've disabled auto dial in internet properties >>connections >>never dial a connection. than also it try to connect.

2>>
In my outlook express it never shows attachment files from my incoming mails. it only shows attachment pin icon. when i click to to see attachment mails it shows this message: "OE REMOVED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENTS IN YOUR MAIL:" hiiiiiiiiii.eml. i'm using AVG 7 antivirus and now i've disabled all features of email scanner, and also i've disabled OUTBOUND & INBOUND MAILSAFE PROTECTION in ZoneAlarm pro 5.5.

3>>
I'm not able to defrag my system, when i click on defrag or analyze button it dont show any progress.
And in DISK MANAGEMENT, it shows "RPC SERVER IS NOT AVAILABLE"

plzzzz reply soon......

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
install a firewall... why to see which programs r trying to access internet....

mate what u did is asked the IE not to dial the connection... but other program will going to dial if they need internet access.... so the best way is to install a firewall & alway keep the internet lock on.... only open the lock when u connect to the net.... this way before trying to access internet the program will be blocked by the firewall.....

kiran_k

Broken In
In my outlook express it never shows attachment files from my incoming mails. it only shows attachment pin icon. when i click to to see attachment mails it shows this message: "OE REMOVED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENTS IN YOUR MAIL:" hiiiiiiiiii.eml. i'm using AVG 7 antivirus and now i've disabled all features of email scanner, and also i've disabled OUTBOUND & INBOUND MAILSAFE PROTECTION in ZoneAlarm pro 5.5.

do the following
go to tools->options->security-> "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that ..." uncheck this box. restart OE, every thing should work fine. this has nothing to do with ur antivirus.

expertno.1

Technomancer
I'm not able to defrag my system, when i click on defrag or analyze button it dont show any progress.
And in DISK MANAGEMENT, it shows "RPC SERVER IS NOT AVAILABLE"

plzzzz reply soon......[/quote]

hey have you disabled some services to speed up xp ?
if yes then go to run and type services.msc and then enable it from there

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
i dont know which service has to start for running defragmentation tools.
can anyone tell me that?

anandk

Distinguished Member
visit *www.tweakguides.com/XPTC.html

download the xptc guide. it will answer all your problems about winxp, including info about services ! u will need adobe to read it. :)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
expertno.1 said:
enabling all the services will slow down your computer

do a google for service help

Can't u read properly. I said enable all the services RELATED TO RPC and they are only 2 of such services.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
can i use SYSTEM MECHANIC 4 for defraging my disk? if yes, tell me the process......... coz inbuilt xp defrager not wrking........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom