Some advice needed

perspex

Broken In
Hey guys,
I'm buying a new pc on sept 2nd, and i pretty much have my pc planned out and just wanted to show you guys the config and make sure everything is alright or not, i do not want to buy it and then find out that it has compatibility probs and all that crap. Also the one which have OR's in them, that is actually where i want you guys to tell me which one to get and apart from that just check out the specs. and tell me what you like,dont like and what needs to be changed for it.

AMD MotherBoard:- ASUS CrossHair V 990FX OR ASUS SaberTooth 990FX

Processor:- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six Core CPU

RAM:- Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL (x2) (so 8GB total)

HDD:- Western Digital Black 1TB or Seagate 1TB

SSD:- Gskill FM-25S2S-64GBF1 Solid State Drive

Cabby:- Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis or Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Own Taste

Power Supply:- Seasonic X-850 SMPS SS-850KM Active PFC F3

GPU:- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC (2GB of graphics)

CPU HeatSink:- Corsair H80

UPS: APC 1.1KVA

Monitor:- Dell UltraSharp U2311H or Asus ML238H

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror

DVD-LG 22X SATA DVD

About the mouse and speakers, i won't need them because i already have a mouse and i always use headphones.

Also i know you all will want me to wait for the bulldozer, but i can't because i convinced my dad after like 3 years to buy me an assembled desktop, and he finally agreed, if i tell him to wait then im sure i'll never get it. So i'll buy it now and then i'll upgrade it within a month or two to the bulldozer.

so yeah, your suggestions are open. Thanks in advance for any help! :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if you are getting a BullDozer CPU within a month or two theten there's no need to get a powerful cpu like AMD Phenom II X6 1100T ( unless you plan to use it on some other pc ) - just get a low cost cpu for temporary use - here I'm giving you some choices - choose your pick though it all depends upon what you will do with the OLD cpu once you a get a BullDozer ;-)

AMD Phenom II X6 1055 @ 7.5/8k
AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 2.8k
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE @ 5.5k

All other component choice is good enough and for mobo get the Sabertooth ;-)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
for ram get Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL @ 3.3k.
a air cooler like Noctua NH-D14 @ 4.6k~ will do. why take a risk with water coolers?
for monitor get DELL Ultrasharp U2311H @ 14K.

and yes for cpu get a cheap one like athlon II x4 635 as cilus and TP mentioned.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice suggestion cilus and Jas ;-)

If OP is planning to OC his rig and is ready to bite the bullet then he can go with Corsair H80 though I personally think air cpu coolers are safer than liquid cpu coolers and Noctua NH-D14 is a great choice for MAD cpus ;-)

Top Bottom