Some advice needed about my career.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Hey guys, i was looking forward for some advice on my future plans, here it goes

I didn't prepare for any competitive exams because i was not interested in doing extra study about it at that time. Moreover i cannot go out of my town Jalandhar and study as my family needs me right now. But i scored well in 11th and 12th class exams and boards exams went really very well, and i am expecting anything between 80-90% in my 12th boards. I decided to join any one of the colleges, ie. Lovely Professional University or Daviet Jalandhar. But both colleges are not really renowned in Engineering studies. But here comes a catch, i am planning to go abroad for doing my Post Graduation from UC Berkely most probably. Will that cover up my initial Btech college reputation? Will i be able to have a good career if i do so? Or does it really matters to do BTECH from a really good college like from IITs or AIEEE colleges? Please help

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
Hey guys, i was looking forward for some advice on my future plans, here it goes

Or does it really matters to do BTECH from a really good college like from IITs or AIEEE colleges? Please help

Not that much ...but the college you are talking about are in real deep Sh!t:evil:....try to get in state college if IIT or any central university is not possible......if you have prepared well enough for your boards you will be able to get in any good private universities (mind you good private ones are rare) or any state university.............

But in the end everything depends on you and basically on how you take everything which comes in your way............:-D

nims11

BIOS Terminator
If you prepared well for boards, i recommend you to put your everything for AIEEE and get a good AIR and then start considering options.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Doesn't matter which college you pass from a lot other than if it's not an IIT if you're going to go for higher studies anyway.

A lot depends on your own study habits, do not worry too much about IIT/AIEEE scores since these exams are not really good at analyzing aptitude for engineering.

(Not having a degree from an ivy league university really won't be an issue if you have the skills and knowledge - these things are apparent from the moment you open your mouth and not so apparent in some entrance exam).

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Not that much ...but the college you are talking about are in real deep Sh!t:evil:....try to get in state college if IIT or any central university is not possible......if you have prepared well enough for your boards you will be able to get in any good private universities (mind you good private ones are rare) or any state university.............

But in the end everything depends on you and basically on how you take everything which comes in your way............:-D

Thank you, i know these universities are not top of the line, but they provide good education atleast, from what i have heard from current students.

If you prepared well for boards, i recommend you to put your everything for AIEEE and get a good AIR and then start considering options.

It's not really easy yaar, i know i prepared well for boards, but AIEEE seems like a daunting task, still i am into my books and see what happens.

Doesn't matter which college you pass from a lot other than if it's not an IIT if you're going to go for higher studies anyway.

A lot depends on your own study habits, do not worry too much about IIT/AIEEE scores since these exams are not really good at analyzing aptitude for engineering.

(Not having a degree from an ivy league university really won't be an issue if you have the skills and knowledge - these things are apparent from the moment you open your mouth and not so apparent in some entrance exam).

Thank you, this was exactly the answer i was looking for. I am pretty sure ill be going for MS in US and i thought it will cover up my initial degree college, and i think it will :)

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
Thank you, i know these universities are not top of the line, but they provide good education atleast, from what i have heard from current students.

It doesn't matter if college is of top or bottom.........but what matter more specifically in India is the value of the degree that you get from the university.

These universities are not at all good rest is your wish.......ask the 3rd & 4th year students of these universities if you really want to know there standard......

They will just provide you the campus, no infrastructure,no quality education and the biggest thing there management sucks!!!!!

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
It doesn't matter if college is of top or bottom.........but what matter more specifically in India is the value of the degree that you get from the university.

These universities are not at all good rest is your wish.......ask the 3rd & 4th year students of these universities if you really want to know there standard......

They will just provide you the campus, no infrastructure,no quality education and the biggest thing there management sucks!!!!!

This situation is same everywhere in India. Some universities/ colleges may be exception to this, but still in most of the places, the management controlling body is the worse thing to experience for us.

Top Bottom