[Solved] Sapphire 6770 core clock problem

AcceleratorX

Youngling
yes you are right. i stop.

:D

Perhaps I'm bitter my Sapphire card failed like it did (even if I did get a replacement), maybe I'm grasping at straws :)

MSI's graphics cards, however, have considerably better reliability than their motherboards. And yes, their graphics cards do (ironically) use better components than their motherboards, otherwise you'd see reports about their graphics cards VRM blowing up too :)

All I'm saying is that I'm surprised Sapphire takes what I perceive as shortcuts despite being the biggest ATI partner and a part of a large group (PC Partner) that is arguably competitive to Asus in terms of size, volumes of shipments and manufacturing ability. Sapphire's sister brand, Zotac, shows very little of these characteristics. I don't know what's up with that!

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
Sorry to revive an old thread. But I have a problem similar to the OP. I just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 from flipkart and the one I received is different from the one whose pictures are shown on flipkart as well as the specifications are different.

Flipkart: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

The above link shows that the card is supposed to have an 850 MHz clock while the one I have received has a 775 MHz clock. What first caused me to suspect this is the card looked different from the one shown on the site. This caused me to check up on Sapphire's site and sure enough it shows two HD 6770 1 GB DDR5 cards.

Sapphire Technology Web Site

and

I have received the latter card which doesn't have HDMI 3D, AMD Eyefinity as well as a couple more features, as against this my card has Vapor-X cooling technology. Also, this card has VGA, DVI and HDMI outputs as against the DVI, HDMI and display port available in the previous card. Do you think I should ask them to replace the card or will this card be just as good? I am concerned that the lack of display port will hamper my upgrades to a new monitor in future.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if it has HDMI, then keep it. display port will need some sort of cable that cost extra. also HD6770 can't drive any kind of 3D monitor as its not so powerful.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why there is two HD6770 - one is clocked at 775 Mhz and another one is 850 Mhz - can anyone shed some light on this.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to revive an old thread. But I have a problem similar to the OP. I just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 from flipkart and the one I received is different from the one whose pictures are shown on flipkart as well as the specifications are different.

Flipkart: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

The above link shows that the card is supposed to have an 850 MHz clock while the one I have received has a 775 MHz clock. What first caused me to suspect this is the card looked different from the one shown on the site. This caused me to check up on Sapphire's site and sure enough it shows two HD 6770 1 GB DDR5 cards.

and

I have received the latter card which doesn't have HDMI 3D, AMD Eyefinity as well as a couple more features, as against this my card has Vapor-X cooling technology. Also, this card has VGA, DVI and HDMI outputs as against the DVI, HDMI and display port available in the previous card. Do you think I should ask them to replace the card or will this card be just as good? I am concerned that the lack of display port will hamper my upgrades to a new monitor in future.
HD 6770 #1 = Display Port, HDMI, DVI ....... this card supports 3 monitors at once.
HD 6770 #2 (the one you got) = VGA, HDMI, DVI ....... this card supports 2 monitors at once and has a better cooler. (General thumb rule for Eyeinifnity is, for the third monitor you _need_ a DisplayPort. Might be a different case for this card, but I doubt it will be.)

If you are happy with what you got, then no need of getting a replacement.

If you are not happy with what you got, then mail Flipkart.

Top Bottom