[SOLVED] from 32 to 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman
I am considering to update my 32Bit OS XP to 64Bit.
So will I have to get the 64Bit versions of all the softwares in my PC to work on 64Bit?
Games should work fine right?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Re: from 32 to 64

Yes for getting the benifits of 64 bit you will have to get 64 bit of some software like Photoshop, Maya, etc
Have a look at this-
. You cannot run 32 bit drivers on a 64 bit system, but you can run 32 bit programs no problem so you should be fine. I believe there are one or two games that use a 16 bit installer (which won't work) but then you're going back to a handful released pre-XP.
Soucre: Games on windows 7 64-bit - PC-Gaming - General

mitraark

Decrepit

Yes i think you should'nt find any difference at all. And get 30-40% extra performances on 64 Bit apps like 7-Zip etc..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yes for getting the benifits of 64 bit you will have to get 64 bit of some software like Photoshop, Maya, etc
Have a look at this-

Soucre: Games on windows 7 64-bit - PC-Gaming - General

Does the driver means drivers like virtual pdf printer driver etc.? In my case, NitroPDF along with its printer driver is working porperly under Win 7 64-bit, but unlocker doesn't work.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

So will I have to get the 64Bit versions of all the softwares in my PC to work on 64Bit?

not all 64bit softwares u have to get but most of the 32bit apps will run fine on 64bit....but to get max performance get 64bit apps if possible.

as for games no change....:cool:

and 32-bit drivers will not work on 64bit

tkin

Back to school!!

All games will run in 64bit os, windows uses WOW(windows on windows) emulation to run 32bit apps in 64bit mode, its almost as fast as native execution(actually some times faster), most softwares will run as well, just softwares that inject codes in explorer may not work but those softwares have 64bit edition available.

Don't worry, just go with it, do a clean upgrade and everything will work like a charm.

gameranand

Living to Play

Drivers are easily available for 64 bit version and you will be able to play any game without any issue so go for it. :)

OP
win32.tr0jan

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman

ohkay.Yea I read that XP64 got lots of problems.So I am planning to go for W7 64Bit.Btw 30-40% boost is worthy!...I will upgrade soon. :)
Thanks to all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom