[Solved] CPU-Z showing only 1 core in E5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexx20

Silent Reader Since....
hey guyz i have a bit unusual problem

softwares like CPU-Z,Nvidia System Monitor and easy tune all are displaying only 1 core in my E5200......what does that mean????

OP
R

reflexx20

Silent Reader Since....
@ techfreak bro i did what you said but in the Advanced option i'm not getting the option to select more than 1 CPU....:(....i think its some other problem because earlier 4 CPU's selection option was available here...because i used to toggle my CPU's between 1 and 2 to see performance differences.........and it never created this sort of problem...............

i also overclocked my CPU just by increasing the FSB from 200 to 230(no multiplier changes) on my gigabyte G-410MES2L mobo....could that be a problem???? and yes the vcore is stable @ 1.248

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just reset the CMOS, and then set the affinity to 2 using MSCONFIG. Also, OP, how can you get "4" option. Yours is a classic dual core, with not HT.

OP
R

reflexx20

Silent Reader Since....
@asingh bro i have already done that but it didn't work......and yes i do get 4 options but out 4 only 2 are chooseable,rest are hidden....

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Enter BIOS, go to Exit tab and choose "Set BIOS defaults" (Something like that). Save and exit and then check again.

OP
R

reflexx20

Silent Reader Since....
@ topgear dude there is no such option in my mobo's BIOS...:(

@ desmond i have already tried that and i even flashed CMOS....but no results....

OP
R

reflexx20

Silent Reader Since....
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-ES2L (rev. 1.0)

and i mean to say that under Advanced BIOS option there is no option of multithreading

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Option is still there but the reason you can't get it may be there's some issue with the CPU.

CPU Multi-Threading

Allows you to determine whether to enable all CPU cores and multi-threading function when using an Intel ® CPU that supports multi-core technology. This feature only works for operating systems that support multi-processor mode.

Enabled Enables all CPU cores and multi-threading capability. (Default)
Disabled Enables only one CPU core.

(Note) This item is present only if you install a CPU that supports this feature. For more information about Intel CPUs' unique features, please visit Intel's website.

OP
R

reflexx20

Silent Reader Since....
i solved the issue myself.....

i just checked the "use original boot configuration" option in the General Tab of msconfig..........:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ congrats and glad to know that - so it was a little OS config issue anyway - thanks for sharing the solution ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom