[SOLVED] CPU usage above 56% even idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alok

Adventurer
I'm very tired fomatting my PC over and over again. its 5 times and still same result.

Problem cpu use is above 56% even PC is idle.its slow and games are unplayable.

Analysis What i found, while checking Task Manager that random processes (not specific like-explorer.exe/nvidiatray/taskhost/mspaint etc)
are causing it (one at a time).
When i click "end task" cpu graph drops to 0-1% but again another process gets infected and its again 56-65%.
No suspecious process is there. all processes are normal window applications.
Also a firewall warning pop-up frequently about what ever software i'm using.

What i did Instaled Malwarebyte, it founds some firewall worm ,i removed. but when scaned again , those are still there.
I formatted c:. Now malwarebyte not even installing. it says that files are corrupted, but woking in different pc.

hERE are related images.
*i.imgur.com/3DF9K.jpg
*i.imgur.com/3Ii3K.jpg
*i.imgur.com/0bTGv.jpg
*i.imgur.com/jCvcY.jpg
*i.imgur.com/sYZWT.jpg
*i.imgur.com/keEje.jpg
Please help !

Last edited:

Gauravs90

geek........
Your computer is effected by a virus. Do this

Go to norton, avast, kaspersky, avira(whichever you want) and download the bootable iso of their malware cleaner on different computer, burn it and scan your whole system...

This must remove all viruses as you are cleaning them before the os loads... beware as this may render your present os unbootable if important system files are modified by the virus.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Grab processor explorer, switch to tree mode (Ctrl + T) & see what processes are spawned when you launch a program.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'm very tired fomatting my PC over and over again. its 5 times and still same result.

^^ And that means, the source of virus is the existing softwares. Scan them also. Most probably the system is being infected as soon as you install any software which itself is infected.

clmlbx

Technomancer
are you using pirated OS.. may be that os has virus, or software you install immediately, or drivers , may be virus on other partition where you access to install drivers & apps.

I am known problem like this with my friend, after few minutes of os install, it starts getting slow, explorer crashes every minute.. something was wrong with Os(xp) he was installing, used different disc & everything worked perfectly

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
The both process were connecting to remote server. Surely you are infected, Do one thing download a boot scan cd of kaspersky. Run a full boot scan it will clean all the infected process & delete the virus.

You told that you reinstall os, So did you backup in something & reuse the thing in the new os? I mean something like pendrive, hdd, etc

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
^i formatted via usb drive.
Did a Scan with avira free version. It shows 202 detection and w32/ramnit.c but can't clean.
Now downloading kaspersky rescue disk.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
^i formatted via usb drive.
Did a Scan with avira free version. It shows 202 detection and w32/ramnit.c but can't clean.
Now downloading kaspersky rescue disk.

Buddy Then USB may be infected. The virus infects every exe files like sality. it will spread again. I don't think anything will help you now . Do a reformat from a clean source & install windows, then install avira. Then scan & disinfect the usb.

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
^^yeah , it may be due to usb drive.

i found 3 registry files that were culprit.
Location: Hklm\software\microsoft\security_control....... (3 notification registries were there about firewall, window update.)
i deleted them , now process is normal.
Malwarebyte is installed now:-D, scanning again

Deleted every exe file. And scan is in progress....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ scan existing software. those are the source of the worms. maybe some repacked software carrying worms.

also try emsisoft antimalware (needs Windows SP1). scan all files and scan inside archives and delete anything detected.

max.4u

And the heavens shall >D
i would suggest, format the os partition, do a install of os and then DOWNLOAD some good antivirus, dont again install the AV from the other partition..! even that is a/effected..

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Thanks everyone.
At last its back normal.
virus name was "w32/ramnit.c"
i deleted all exe files in my pc.
Deleted those registry above mentioned.
Scaned with Malwarebyte many times.

Now i'm keeping all data in my pc as iso images.:-D

Mods may close thread.:)