[Solved] Can't install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohityadavx

Youngling
Hi!

My frnd lappy got corrupted recently at startup it showed Bootloader missing . He is having Windows 7

So i made a system repair disc and started the automatic startup repair but now it showed can't save startup changes.

All this made me angry so i decided to have a complete reinstall but when i insert the OS cd and boot it doesn't find any partitions and say device driver missing. What shall i do>>>

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
re: Can't install windows

Try linux live cd or hirens boot cd just to check HDD of the lappy making sure its good enough as the boot is not showing any partition the HDD might have some trouble. hirens boot cd might help in repairing the problem as it contains some good tools.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Hi!
My frnd lappy got corrupted recently at startup it showed Bootloader missing . He is having Windows 7
So i made a system repair disc and started the automatic startup repair but now it showed can't save startup changes.
All this made me angry so i decided to have a complete reinstall but when i insert the OS cd and boot it doesn't find any partitions and say device driver missing. What shall i do>>>

All the symptoms point to just one thing ---> Hard disk corruption / Unable to detect.
It's possible that the wires of HDD inside laptop are loose. If its under warranty, I suggest you to call the service guys, and let them handle it.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling

Update:-
Getting this on boot screen

File:- / Boot/BCD

Status 0XC000000F

Will try Hiren's boot CD

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ If it had been a Desktop, you could have opened it and checked if the wires are loose or not. But since it's a laptop, you won't really want to do that.
Your best bet would be to make sure whether HDD's are being detected or not, by going to the BIOS and looking for the HDD's entries. Or by abhinav_sinha's method.

is there anything i could do plz help me otherwise my frnd would be in big time trouble

if the notebook is out of warranty then you can open back cover and just check of the hdd connectors, however little extra care is needed in handling as compared to desktop........... otherwise go to service center ...........

and yes as Vinnet has said first check in the bios if the hdd is detected , and repeat the process 2-3 times as sometimes it would show as detected and sometimes not........

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman

Update:-
Getting this on boot screen

File:- / Boot/BCD

Status 0XC000000F
Do you mean a file or partition. How did you see it via linux or win boot?

Hirens boot cd link- Download Hiren’s BootCD 13.2 | HBCD Fan & Discussion Platform (I am just putting so thet if someone fails to find the download link as I used to sometime back)

if BIOS is showing the HDD, then scan the HDD with

HDD Scan 2.8
Test Hard Disk Drive 1.0

both on hirens boot cd

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling

Hey guys i did it!!

For future reference to any guy who is having same trouble

My frnd had changed ide to ahci in bios menu ( while changing boot priority he might have accidentaly changed it)so windows was not able to load driver thats all

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman

^^ Hey.. maybe that's what friends are for... :-D
:agreed:

Now here is the example that while we go directly to do in a major way (like formatting or anything else) we forget that something minor could exist. Once a friend of mine's lappy stopped copying files saying invalid parameter and I wasted around 40 min then I installed teracopy and done in just 30sec!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom