[SOLVED] Battlefield 3 Lagging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishna

Broken In
Hey guys
From 2 days i am suffering from a serious issue. before i was having no issue with BF3, but from the last two days i am getting too much lags and my game becomes too much messed up.
the problem started after my computer shutted down when there was an sudden cut of power and my UPS was unable to take the load (Was playing BF3).
And when later that day i started my computer and launched Bf3, it was worst.
The framerate was b/w 20-25 and so i was hardly able to play. but before my framerate was going to 60-70 at high settings and 55-60 at ultra. but now hardly i can manage 25-30 on normal settings. please guide me friends what to do. i am really irritated from this issue. and one day i tried to check my cpu usage while playing bf3 and i noticed that cpu performance goes to 100 and so on but before it was not. i also updated my graphic card driver (its Version 296.10) but my issue was not solved. My Pc Specs is below:-

Motherboard- Foxconn H55MXV-AH
Ram- 6 gb
Processor- intel core i3-530
Graphics- Asus ENGTX 560Ti Direct CUII
Please help me sorting out this problem.
I will be greatfull to u all.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
if you had a restore point restore it to a time before sudden shutdown.
Dont select a very old that as that will lead to a loss of many .exe files of software and games. Click the "affected programs" tab before continuing.

alternatively you could try reinstalling game.

gameranand

Living to Play
Just reinstall the game. May be some files got corrupted due to the sudden shutdown.
Remember to backup your save files.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
reinstalling will take huge amount of time as the patch downloads are large.. 4GB

just try repairing the installer.. you can get that by right click on BF3 entry on origin .

BTW I am downloading the latest patch .. its 1.5 GB

OP
K

Krishna

Broken In
ya charan u r right.... reinstalling willl take too much time and bandwith. Although i am using airtel 3G. yesterday it took me about 30 minutes to download the latest patch but the problem is not solved... Any more ideas please?

and when i clicked on "repair install", a download box appeared and showed me a 17.0 gb of download..
I cant afford that. is there is any easy way?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Try reinstalling.... I think it ain't about the files. Try switching off Ambient Occlusion (yea, even if it's GTX560 Ti) and never use MSAA. Resource-hoggin' shiz ever. Instead use FXAA Injector. Try this.

rohit26

Right off the assembly line
try launching the game on other (windows) user account make sure that other user account has administrative privileges.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
ya charan u r right.... reinstalling willl take too much time and bandwith. Although i am using airtel 3G. yesterday it took me about 30 minutes to download the latest patch but the problem is not solved... Any more ideas please?

and when i clicked on "repair install", a download box appeared and showed me a 17.0 gb of download..
I cant afford that. is there is any easy way?
Lol which data plan u use or its free? ur updating using 3g:shock:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
See this.. Very useful information for people who are suffering with low pings.. See this..

Reduce game network latency in Windows 7 or Vista Life & Code

I tried it & it reduced my ping from 640 ms :)D) to 280 ms!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have never been able to understand what's wrong with this game. It raped my previous config and even after my upgrade to GTX560Ti, it still has some hic-ups. I'll quote my post from TE:

OK! I'm not sure what's wrong with this god-forsaken game, but even after a graphic card upgrade, the cut-scenes seem to have a horrible stutter. Within the game, it works fine (Ultra Settings). Has anyone experienced this issue? I have already completed the game on the 360, so won't matter to me. But my brother plans to play this title and I'd probably like to know what triggers this issue. Another issue is that the in-game, some area seem to be extremely dark and I mean "Who-turned-off-the-lights?" kind-of dark. Turned the brightness level to max, but the results aren't satisfactory. Same goes for the games colour levels, which look dull. Last but not the least, long load times at the start of any level. Ram issue, I'm assuming? I have only 2Gigs of it.

Sorry for Hi-jacking the thread, but it would be good if someone can spread some insight on this issue. Oh BTW, my processor is still E8400 @stock.

OP
K

Krishna

Broken In
Not worked bro (hellknight). My ping is now 289-320.
My game is still having lags. What shall i do? I use tuneup utilities and i switch to turbo mode so that my graphic card can squeeze the game out..
Although earlier i was able to record the games using fraps at 45-50 FPS but now when i try to record it it drops to 15-18.
What should i do?-
Format My windows 7 and install a clean copy of BF3 Or
repair it? and my system restore is not working so that i can restore my windows to earlier time..
Any help will be highly appreciated..

and yeah 1 more thing my CPU Performance in the task manager goes nowadays to 100 which earlier was hardly reaching 80-90

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I have never been able to understand what's wrong with this game. It raped my previous config and even after my upgrade to GTX560Ti, it still has some hic-ups. I'll quote my post from TE:

Sorry for Hi-jacking the thread, but it would be good if someone can spread some insight on this issue. Oh BTW, my processor is still E8400 @stock.

Holy hell, bro. E8400 ain't good enough even for BC2. And at stock, BF3 rapes your proccy. What you mentioned is all because of less RAM and the brightness is an NVIDIA issue. There were some memory leak issues at the start, but it's all fixed now. Try updating the drivers and the game. And... 'High' settings on 64-player server exceeds 1GB of vRAM. Yea, a monster, this game is. If you turn off Ambient Occlusion, you'll get constant above 30 below 45 fps @ 1440x900. lol.

And MSAA turned off absolutely. See? Darn HD5850 can't handle shiz. BF3 really, officially requires high-end PC. And I mean, 2011-high-end PC.

If you haz B2K, forget constancy of 30 fps @ 'High' settings.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
First of all Krishna, you're using a dual-core processor. BF3 requires at least a quad-core processor. Moreover, I'm playing on Full HD with GTX 260 Core 216 Sonic edition with the latest drivers & everything is working fine.

Try turning off your Anti-Virus/Security program when you play the game. And I don't think that the performance is related to the improper shutdown. I've an ancient Microtek UPS which I got when I had Pentium 4. It automatically shuts down the system within 2 seconds when power goes. I never faced such issues.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
I think OP said the issue started after some power failure and before that it was all fine so instead of sorting min.req kinda problem it would be better if his current prob could be dealt.
Moreover he has processor good enough to prevent any major bottle necking of HIS perfectly compatible and capable asus gtx 560ti which is good enough to handle bf3 at high res and hi settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom