Software update always spoils my laptop parts

Guys, ive been having so many problems with my HP g6 2005 AX (Warning:Cheap Quality)
Firstly, my motherboard got spoiled (or thats what the Service Centre claims)..which occured right after i did a BIOS upgrade
After nearly 8 months of wait and Rs11,000 spent, i finally got my laptop back

Then yesterday i updated the laptop with Omega drivers, the one recommended by ATI website. Soon as i updated, my laptop died again.

I sent to service centre, and they said that my Wifi Card is damaged and it is causing the problem.

So currently i have my laptop working, minus the Wifi Card. Connecting it makes the laptop refuse to work..

SO...

I am worried about doing any sort of Software update. Mind you i am not updating it with shitty beta stuffs. All my software updates are either automated by Windows or recommended by manufacturer (eg. AMD). Is the software updates killing my laptop parts one by one?
Should i refrain from doing any sort of software update??

PS. Since i am Wifi-less now, can you recommend me a good USB wifi adaptor which has better signal reception than shitty cellphone ones. I am on shitty BSNL with hopeless pings (128ms for google.com)

Minion

Conversation Architect
I don't update my HP laptop even if it is running a original Win 8.1. Some things are meant to be left alone.This is my rule "no need to fix anything if ain't broken".

I remember damaging my Nvidia 6200 GPU just by installing win 8. At first i didn't knew what happened to my GPU but after searching over net i found all most all people are having same issues.

My suggestion don't update unless it is needed.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
I installed the Omega drivers anyways, took the plunge.

So far laptop is runnign fine.. However, i dont know how to enable the dedicated graphics

In AMD Catalyst Control Center > Under Performance i only have CPU Power as an option. I dont have an option for changing Dual Graphics or whatever i had before.

So did the repair guy trick me by putting a shitty motherboard in my laptop
or is does the Omega driver dont support 7640+7670G Dual Graphics ??

Last edited:
OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
I installed it, thats when PC crashed.
So i had to recover the system image from the back up i made. So in that backup, there was no Catalyst drivers installed.

Anyways, plz check this scren shot. It seems my 7670 dedicated graphic card is missing
*i.imgur.com/8QJmL43.jpg

Should i open a njother thread or something for this?

Minion

Conversation Architect
I installed it, thats when PC crashed.
So i had to recover the system image from the back up i made. So in that backup, there was no Catalyst drivers installed.

Anyways, plz check this scren shot. It seems my 7670 dedicated graphic card is missing
*i.imgur.com/8QJmL43.jpg

Should i open a njother thread or something for this?

No,need to open another thread.My suggestion completely remove current AMD catalyst using revo uninstaller.Download latest official driver from AMD site install tell what happens.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Ok guys, confirmed.

the motherbaord is from a HP G7 22xxx laptop.

I am now confused, shall i ask for Rs 11,000 refund or and make my laptop dead forever

or go on with this inferior motherboard and live with it.

Last edited:
OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Laptop is working fine. But the wifi chip got spoiled. Hp guy says its damaged and needs replacement. I just chucked it away, i aint spending another paisa on this old horse.
Im jst looking for a way to get rid of this now..try to get some money out of it and get a new lappy. God knows what other part will die
First motherboard
Then wifi chip
Next?????

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Laptop is working fine. But the wifi chip got spoiled. Hp guy says its damaged and needs replacement. I just chucked it away, i aint spending another paisa on this old horse.
Im jst looking for a way to get rid of this now..try to get some money out of it and get a new lappy. God knows what other part will die
First motherboard
Then wifi chip
Next?????

If your laptop is under warranty, return it entirely. If not, return the mobo. They've overcharged you.

If you motherboard's part number was 640893-001 originally, they are available for ~50$ on ebay/amazon/aliexpress (don't know if they have dGPU). Time for some DIY action. ;)

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
First motherboard
Then wifi chip
Next?????

Then you have two option now either get it repaired locally or you may have to sell your laptop and get a new one.

Top Bottom