Software to password protect USB

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I have a 16 GB pen drive. I am looking for a free tool which can help me password protect it and use other system which do not have this software. Is it possible ? Please help.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
long back I saw a USB drive having a secure vault feature I guess its Sandisk..
also transcend has such tools but I have never tried them :|

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I have Transcend. It had some password protection tools while I bought it. But lost while formatting. :(

Thanks for the reply.

sksksksk

.:: un.Understandable ::.
Simply just google it..!!! And you will find softwares.... as Bill Gates have dollars in his bank :p ;)

You can use BitLocker (a Windows inbuilt encryption tool) to encrypt the pen drive. But it works only on win vista, 7 and 8. TrueCrpt is a better and more widely accessible solution.

Flash

Lost in speed
You can try 'USB Flash Security', but i guess the free version only secures upto 4GB Pendrives.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
try Welcome to the Transcend Info Website and search for your pendrive. it will give options to download the necessary software. Not sure whether they password security tool though. give it a try.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Simply just google it..!!! And you will find softwares.... as Bill Gates have dollars in his bank :p ;)

I Googled first. Found Rohos mini drive (free version gives 8 GB) and USB Safeguard (which creates a password protected partition). But I am trying to password protect whole USB.

----

Ya, that is why I didn't depend on Bitlocker. I use many Linux PCs as well. As for Truecrypt, we need it in other system as for it to work (I heard so).

Thanks for your replies.

Top Bottom