Software Suggestions

TSPatange_1309

Tech Freak Digitian.
Hello Friends,

I am damn interested in gaming buff.From past 7 days i am constantly searching a software which can record my gameplay. many times i saw some homemade trailers and game plays on Youtube.com. so i thought i can make one. so i started searching on google.com. i was in searching for free software,and i got one also. the software was named as "FRAPS"! i started using it. i understand ..the recording is only for just 30 seconds. i record my 3 mins game-play, and u would not belive guyzz..the size of 3 mins video was 50 MB. i was so shocked. just 3 mins and aquried space was 50 MB.

So plz suggest me some best softwares for recording of my gameplay.

Regards,

Tanmay Patange.

Last edited:

Rajesh345

Youngling
About Xfire Videos <-chk URL

check under
Quick Start Guide - 3 easy steps to making a movie

abt why ur recorded file in fraps so big

Why is the AVI movie generated by Fraps so big? How can I reduce the size?

The filesize is big because there isn’t enough time to encode the movie while the game is running. The movie frames are slightly compressed, but still require a large amount of disk space due to the high resolutions. Once you have finished capturing you should convert the saved AVI into one of the popular compressed movie formats such as mpeg or divx. Recommended programs for doing this are tmpgenc (Tsunami Mpeg Encoder), and VirtualDub.

Using VirtualDub is quite easy. To create a compressed version of the AVI follow these steps:

* Start VirtualDub
* Select File->Open and choose the AVI in the Fraps directory you wish to compress.
* Select Video->Compression and choose the codec you wish to compress with (usually divx)
* Select File->Save As AVI and specify a filename for the new AVI.

If you have Windows XP you can also use Windows Movie Maker to compress the video files. If you use Windows Movie Maker it's recommended that you keep your Fraps video files at 800x600 or under.

Top Bottom