SOFTWARE NEWS: FlashGet 1.80 Final Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
*img144.imageshack.us/img144/9862/logotop8vw.gif

About

FlashGet is a freeware download manager (formerly shareware,adware) for Microsoft Windows. It is extremely popular, and the standard download manager in China and many other places.

Features

* Integration with web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox
* Can download a sequence of files
* Integrated web crawler
* Language support
* Support MMS, BitTorrent and RTSP downloads.
* Manages downloaded files easily.
* Automatically search for the fastest server available for the fastest
possible downloads.
* The ability to split files into up to 10 parts, with each part downloading simultaneously.
* Superior ease-of-use. FlashGet's interface is logical, integrated, informative and customizable.
* Compatible with Vista
FlashGet 1.80 very strange changelog

+ To add the feature of Bundle Scanning, which is a creation in the world.
+ To optimize the download speed after 99% download
* To fix the bug of the crash of BHO with Vista 2003
Important

Flashget is freeware now. Some anti-virus & spyware removal programs like AVAST, PEST PATROL, SPYWARE DOCTOR may detect false positives in FlashGet. If you are ever in doubt click here to run a full system scan with Webroot Spy Sweeper, or contact your software vendor for advice.

Download FlashGet 1.80 Final

*down5.flashget.com/fg180en.exe
*down6.flashget.com/fg180en.exe
*down6.flashget.com/fg180en.exe
*www.flashget.com/fg180en.exe

Download FlashGet 1.80 Final (fast mirrors)

*www.rogepost.com/n/9943084250
*www.sendspace.com/file/ibodea
*www.mytempdir.com/1110226
*upload2.net/page/download/iZWZhbxgFujQN5X/fg180en.zip.html

Source

Sourabh

Laptoping
Flashget's bit-torrent abilities are very mediocre at best. Learned it the hard way, stand alone torrent clients are better. I don't get its built-in file priority option for torrents, it just doesn't work. I have not tried this final release, but these issue's aren't addressed in the changelog. So there is little hope.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
Absolutely right. Currently I'm using IDM just bcoz of it has no problem with Rapidshare and other upload sites. Flashget started giving problems in these sites.

And yes! Flashget's interface is very simply and easy to use :)

rpawar

Right off the assembly line
dear vishal Gupta

How to configure flashget with Proxy server for better result to download.

regards
ravi

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
rpawar said:
dear vishal Gupta

How to configure flashget with Proxy server for better result to download.

regards
ravi
Currently I'm not using Flashget so I can't tell the exact option, but u can find an option in Flashget Settings, I think there is a tab "Proxy" ;)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
man , if u set your user-agent string in flashget the same as your browser then it'll work with all sites ! i have trid this , first Flashget didn't work with rapidshare , megaupload , etc but now after setting my FF2 user agent string in FG there's no prob .

forever

filth is me
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
man , if u set your user-agent string in flashget the same as your browser then it'll work with all sites ! i have trid this , first Flashget didn't work with rapidshare , megaupload , etc but now after setting my FF2 user agent string in FG there's no prob .

culd u elaborate plz , does this also go for opera ?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
yes this goes for any browser , just go to Tools->Options->Protocol in FG n set your User-Agent string the same as your browser .

to get your browser's agent string , go here :
Code:
*www.cambiaresearch.com/cambia3/myuseragent/

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i am with v1.72... but i wont update... i am happy with this versions performance.. like they say in cricket never change the wining combination.. so i would wait till my version scruews some thing bad... unless as its doing its job, so i would stick with it... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom