Software is not Printing

ricky641b

Journeyman
I Dont Know I m Posting in right Section or not? . I have One Acccounts Software At My Office Which is Made By Some Local It Solutions Company Here. The Problem is When i Give Print Command from software..Command Prompt Windows Opens And The Cursor Keeps on blinking and Nothing Else Happens So I Have To Close It Forcefully but When I Print From word Or Excel or Any Other Programs it Prints flawlessly...and So My Question is What Wuld U think The Possible Reason can be?...Their Is Definitely Problem With That Software But What?

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
* The developer forgot to build Print function within the software :lol:

or

* Some security software is blocking the software from sending print command over the network

Contact Local IT company and ask them to how to get rid of this problem?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
what OS are you using.. try running the application with Admin privilege.

OP
R

ricky641b

Journeyman
* The developer forgot to build Print function within the software :lol:

or

* Some security software is blocking the software from sending print command over the network

Contact Local IT company and ask them to how to get rid of this problem?

lol...No it Was Working With Previous Dot Matrix 9 Pin Connector Printer but Its Not Working With New Usb Printer. And I M using it locally not over the network and moreover i dont even have printer that supports over the network!..Yeah So Its problem with the software na..He Charges like Rs300 For Visiting . I Dont Think he's Got any Right.Coz Their Is Bug In software only!!!!

what OS are you using.. try running the application with Admin privilege.

Yeah Im using with Windows Xp... I tried With Administrator Privileges..!!!!But Its Stil not Working!!!:cry:

Last edited:

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
lol...No it Was Working With Previous Dot Matrix 9 Pin Connector Printer but Its Not Working With New Usb Printer.

May be your application only supports LPT Printing Port and not USB.

1. Can you post few screenshots of the application screen ? (if you think its a security violation then don't)

2. What is the name of the software ? Check if you have an option in that software to select your Default printing port or the printer itself ?

OP
R

ricky641b

Journeyman
May be your application only supports LPT Printing Port and not USB.

1. Can you post few screenshots of the application screen ? (if you think its a security violation then don't)

2. What is the name of the software ? Check if you have an option in that software to select your Default printing port or the printer itself ?

I Think ur ryt..It Only Supports LPT Printing Port Coz I have Tried Other Printers With Usb Port and It Does Not Work But it works With LPT port Printer. So Their is Problem in Software and that Engineer has no ryt For Charging with fees to Solve this Problem .. Ryt Na????

check if your current printer is the default printer.

Yeah ! I Tried This Also!!!! BUt Still Doesnt Work!!!!

Tech&ME

Banned
Other solution is to find and get a LPT to usb converter. This will allow your usb printer to act like an old LPT printer.

See this Link

you can find such cables in ebay also.

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
I Think ur ryt..It Only Supports LPT Printing Port Coz I have Tried Other Printers With Usb Port and It Does Not Work But it works With LPT port Printer. So Their is Problem in Software and that Engineer has no ryt For Charging with fees to Solve this Problem .. Ryt Na????

Yeah ! I Tried This Also!!!! BUt Still Doesnt Work!!!!

Call the support number if they have and check with them. If you provide the name or screenshots then I would further enquire.:)

OP
R

ricky641b

Journeyman
Hey guyz my problem was solved or it may be right to say I found what is the reason behind this problem .for other guyz searching for answer .here is link..thnx ever1
FoxPro: Printing from Foxpro dos version to new printer, microsoft loopback adapter, hp laserjet 3800n

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
yes that's a nice solution you found but, FoxPro has a problem with printing in a partcular format.

So, if you make it a TEXT file and then print on your usb printer, will the FORMAT of the document created by FoxPro print correctly ?

OP
R

ricky641b

Journeyman
Hey Guy This is Ultimate Software Which Solved My Problem....And Very Easy To Use.......
PrintFil: DOS print USB printer | LPT1 to USB, PDF, GDI Windows printing ....

Top Bottom