Software for math!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoft

Journeyman
Is there any software where math problems can be typed, like matrix, & presented much better other than MS Word. I'm not looking for a software that calculates the problem, but a software that has tools to easily write down the formulas and diagrams better.

Prashray

In the zone
Mathematica allows users to write down formulas (matrices, determinants, integration, derivatives, etc) and also to solve mathematical problems.
Don't know yet about diagrams though.
We have the use of this software in our computer syllabus.
Maybe you should try it out.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
You can find mathematica in one of the Digit DVDs !

I remember that they gave it to us sometime ago.....

Probably somewhere around May 2005 !

Use the CD/DVD archive to search it out !!

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Dude have u heard of Mathcad it is the best software for solving mathamatical stuff.. from matrices to integration to deffreciation and graphs waves any thing u can imagin

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
My father is a maths teacher and he usually makes papers for students which includes all kind of complex mathematical equations and stuff , and the best according to him(and me too) is the 'Equation editor' given with MS word . It works perfectly , user can type practically any kind of equation thru it . From roots to every kind of sign used in maths and the signs can be arranged to a detailed level of complexity.
Few simple examples .

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/6966/math2or.jpg

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What about OpenOffice.org math? It's free and I guess that does your job. Also it is bundled with openoffice.org Office suite.

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
word and openoffice dont offer solving the equations guys...

if u wanna solve it u have to use software like mathcad. even a very old version of mathcad would do tons for u. it is a very advanced software and is used in scientific and commercial situations.
that is your best bet. or it ur problems are simple algebra no advanced math solving then try searching it on the net. there r a lot of software capable of solving simple algebra.

but for anything advanced u cant get anything better then mathcad.. it will solve everything and will show all the intermediate key steps in doing sp.. mind u the learning curve is very steep...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Rollercoaster said:
word and openoffice dont offer solving the equations guys...
Here's the original query again rollercoaster
plsoft said:
Is there any software where math problems can be typed, like matrix, & presented much better other than MS Word. I'm not looking for a software that calculates the problem
Hope that clears why I offered Openoffice.org Math.

slugger

Banned
cab abybody suggest a GOOD FREEWARE alternative to MATLAB. We got this subject calle Numerical Methods dis sem 4 which we need MATLAB.
D alt shud b able 2 open and run files from MATLAB and vice versa. Also if they have a similar interface it wud b an added advantage
it wud b nice if you cud also add d url of d download site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom