So, how much bandwidth did you consume last month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@aryayush: I can only manage about 500 GB cuz i only have a 1GB pen drive :(

The transfer from PC to pen drive takes more time than to download it from the net (if you can call it "net", should be called LAN lol).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Last month my Braodband give me a lot of problem.....and constantly down for two weeks.So i will manage only 38 GB.

here is the Screen shot.

*img223.imageshack.us/img223/5410/nov2006eq8.png

In the month of September here is my highest.......49GB data transfer.

I am in Dataone 900UL+ plan

*img168.imageshack.us/img168/3743/sep2006xi7.png

My average data usage 45 GB per month

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
dissel said:
I am in Dataone 900UL+ plan

My average data usage 45 GB per month

You guys on unlimited plan should use more than 75GB every month. I'm on home500 plan and i download only for 6 hours daily. Still I clock more than 20GB every month:cool:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, we cannot download the whole day either because it kills the regular browsing speed.

Anyway, I really wanted to know how much you guys download now that the speeds have been bumped up to 2 Mbps. Any notable increases?

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
25GB in 10 Days...
I m on 500 plan..
m studying and come home on weekends...
But due to BB,i hav started bunking.... :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Before and after comparison :)

tarey_g said:
Wll i am on home 500 of bsnl with 1 gig data limit and night 2-8 downloading free.My monthly usage sums up to 20gigs approx each month.

aryayush said:
Well, we cannot download the whole day either because it kills the regular browsing speed.

Anyway, I really wanted to know how much you guys download now that the speeds have been bumped up to 2 Mbps. Any notable increases?

My January month usage 2-8 night free 94GB approx , and i didnt even download everynight , coz this is more than enuf data i need in a month. As january was the first month when the 2Mbps started i download all the things i wanted at that time. Feb and march usage are avg 50GB as i atmost download 2-3 hrs that too not daily.

*img265.imageshack.us/img265/1/dataonenj2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
abhi_10_20 said:
Whoooo....in GB's.........
What the hell do u guys download everyday to sum up that huge???
You don't need to know that if you don't already. :)

tarey_g, has it never happened that your night usage got billed for some reason or the other?

torrent08

Broken In
how will I know how much I downaloded & uploaded!!!! No provison for that to check it n my internet service provider!!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
aryayush said:
tarey_g, has it never happened that your night usage got billed for some reason or the other?

No , why wud i get billed for the free usage time . Call me lucky , bsnl ppl here are very cooperative , never had a prob. I started getting speeds of 2Mbps from 27th dec here, and it working flawles from that day. Three of my friends have changed theit plan from 900ul to home 500.

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
i Downloaded in excess of 500 GB

What connection do u have dude ?? can't figure a way to do that wid my 256 airtel UL plan wid comp runnin 20 hr.s a day

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
tarey_g said:
No , why wud i get billed for the free usage time . Call me lucky , bsnl ppl here are very cooperative , never had a prob. I started getting speeds of 2Mbps from 27th dec here, and it working flawles from that day. Three of my friends have changed theit plan from 900ul to home 500.
Cool! The fear that even if one of my night downloads is billed is stopping me from switching to the Home 500 plan.

A small mistake on their part will cost me in excess of ten thousand bucks. I have already had to pay Rs. 8,000 once in the past and that was with the 256 Kbps connection. :(

Tell me one thing, suppose you start a download at 10 PM and stop it at 10 AM the next morning, will it be properly divided according to the happy hours and paid time?

AFAIK, you have to re-connect after 2 AM and disconnect it before 8 AM the following morning to make sure it does not get billed. At least, this is what used to happen earlier. Has it changed now?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
It was never like that , the first month i got the connection , this thing happened to me. My PC didn't shut down at 8 AM and some excess downloading was done . But i was only charged for the data i downloaded in the non free time . So if you mix the non free and free sessions, the free time is not calculated in the free session .
Although , i dont personally recommend mixing the sessions intentionaly coz it makes hard for the user to figure out his own usage properly in the mixup.
I always reconnect a 2Am to create a new session, or i use scheduler to do that when i am asleep.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK. Thanks for the information! I am scared that if by chance my free time is billed for just one night, my father would chop my head right off!

Total Send Volume(GB)--------7.493
Total Receive Volume(GB) -----26.013
Total Volume(GB)----------- 33.506
Total Duration(hour)----------445.28
Sum Traffic(GB) Excluding Night Unlimited ----- 0

varunprabhakar

In the zone
@aryayush
yes, even if u connected at 1 am, ur downloads will b counted only till 2am. after tht transfers r free.
have tried myself but still i dont dare take risk. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom