So anyone used an Android with super strong vibration like old days?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Being a Samsung Galaxy 'S' & Note series owner for past five years the thing I have always felt painfully is how weak these phones vibrate. All of them. S2, Note 2, and now the worst of the lot is this S4. Anyone used an Android which has that 'buzzzzzzing' vibration like cheap Nokia phones have? Which shakes you? I am talking about top of the line Androids only.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Agree Sammy vibs sucks.

If i am not wrong, custom rom like Cyanogen allows you to increase vibration intensity more
than the stock settings.That shud help you.

Deadman

Journeyman
I cant feel the vibrations at all on my s4 when on bike and then I see a couple of notifications. although I thought it was me who was not able to sense vibrations but now I got clarification that the vibrations aint high.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
I had and still have S3 (though not using it now). I never felt the vibration was weak in S3.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yep, heard good vibration stuffs about Moto X. Seriously previously, when I was into SE only, and some Nokia's like N95 / E90, I never, ever, used anything other than vibrate mode. My friends used to joke, why don't you put a duct tape over the speaker grill as you never use it. Well those vibrations were so strong that I rarely missed any calls, but now, just pathetic. That time I was a student, so missing a call would not have mattered anyway, and now I run our business and clients keep calling all time, and only I know at the end of the day how irritating it is to check at least dozen missed calls.

Smartphone, my arse, a phone should be like a phone first. I know about CM and I can modify vibration strength and all, but I will never install that crap on my S4, lesson was more than enough learnt on S2.

So before buying the next phone, which is possibly the Lumia 930, I will have to check, double check, triple check the vibration intensity. So if any member has the same situation like me feel free to input here, as I won't make the same mistake again, no way.

Thanks.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
my old Galaxy Y and the new Optimus G have decent vibration. Not super strong, but strong enough to be detected while riding a bike.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol, if you can detect vibration while riding bike then it's super enough. With S4, I don't feel any vibration while I am walking. Unless I am in a super quiet place like burning ghat :cool:

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini. The vibration is super Good. Combined with CM I use different vibration pattern for different apps.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
That means OG is freaking good mate.

PS : Anyone used Sony Z1 and could tell me how the vibration is?

Last edited:
Top Bottom