Snow Leopard on Virtual Box

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Hey Guys,
can you please suggest a way to install the client version of OSX 10.6.7 on virtual box 4.1.16? As the virtual machine boots into the installer screen, it asks my language and then it says "Mac OS X can not install into this system".

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
any help here?

In case you are wondering, the host is MAC OS X 10.5 and I am doing this just for fun.

XinR

Broken In
As faar as i heard, Mac OsX Works only on apple hardware. To run it on windows hardware you need something called Hackintosh. Google and see.
*www.hackintosh.com/
Xin R

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
No, i have a macintosh host, (Leopard), and i want to try out Snow Leopard before actually moving to it. So, I got myself a disk image of snow leopard and am trying to install it on virtual hardware (Virtual Box/Parallels Desktop 6). I don't think hackintosh helps with that.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think you can set the host type....

Yes, you can. In the new VM Wizard, where you name your new VM, you can set the OS type in a dropdown list. You need to select the OS type as BSD (or FreeBSD, I don't remember) plus some other settings. That's how I did it.

(Installed it on an HP laptop)

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Yes, you can. In the new VM Wizard, where you name your new VM, you can set the OS type in a dropdown list. You need to select the OS type as BSD (or FreeBSD, I don't remember) plus some other settings. That's how I did it.

(Installed it on an HP laptop)

You mean the guest type then??? :-?

Top Bottom