Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im looking for a new smartphone..

i hv narrowed my choices to 2 phones..

Nokia N73 ME
SE p 990i

i guess thr sum latest version update for SE too..

im looking 4 da following features:
1. Really Gud audio playback.. so dat using a 3rd party appln hopefully it can substitue my audio player
2. Camera quality shd b gud. altgh N73 is 3.2 n video is CIF i wud like to know da quality of da pics n video recorded.. wat r da pic quality wen taken in dim light or @ nites..
3. i hv heard dat SE does hang up and gets restarted n stuffs. is it da same wit N73?
4. SE 990i being a QWERTY keypad PDA hs keys which r quite difficult to press..
5. SE 990i doesnt hv IM facility in its specification.. jst wanna ask whether v can install 3rd party appl to run im.. i mostly use yahoo..

wud also like to know da comparison between da gui n navigation comfortabiltiy

plz let me know ur views on it.. wats da positives n negatives for each n wat wud b da best buy in terms of feature n performance.

wud b really helpful if ny 1 hs tested or hv compared da 2 phones in real..
if ny other phone which is due soon may also b suggested..

waiting 4 ur response.. shoot :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
umm....P990i is professional, most important it has touch screen. Depends on what u wanna do with the phone. N73 ME is good enough as a phone though

hailgautam

Youngling
what type of comparison is this N73 to SE P990i?

N73 has to be compared with SE 790i by the way there is no alternative to SE P990i in Nokia, go for a Windows Mobile based mobile instead....

K

krazyfrog

I would suggest you go for N73 ME. It is a very good smartphone with a great interface and good amount apps and games available already. It has a great camera and very good music capability. Also comes with a 2gb micro SD.

OP
B

bruce_wayne_16

Broken In
kk thanks alot. n 1 more thing i heard da mobile rates are gonna slash down in da new budget. is it true? if yes hw long shd i wait b4 da new prices are implemented

hash!!

________
well, thats a bad comparison... u cant compare an n73 with a p990i...
a p990 costs arnd 30k+ i guess... and an n73 wud dent u by arnd 21-22k... (not completely sure abt the prices... :))
but whteva, if ur budget's that high, u might as well go for an n90, n92 or n90... they're made for photography... add a 2gb card and ure set for music...
or just go for a pocket pc....

K

krazyfrog

^^ N92 isn't available in India, atleast i haven't seen it yet in shops. And its not meant for photography, but more for mobile televiewing (it has DVBH). And N90 is quiet old now. It wasn't too great when it was new anyway (K750i could beat it in camera quality and it cost much less). N93 ME is much better. But i do agree that comparing N73 ME with P990i is wrong as they hardly have anything in common.
And about mobile prices dropping, yeah its true that post-budget cell phone prices are gonna drop. I think they must have started dropping by now.

hash!!

________
krazyfrog said:
^^ N92 isn't available in India, atleast i haven't seen it yet in shops. And its not meant for photography, but more for mobile televiewing (it has DVBH). And N90 is quiet old now. It wasn't too great when it was new anyway (K750i could beat it in camera quality and it cost much less). N93 ME is much better. But i do agree that comparing N73 ME with P990i is wrong as they hardly have anything in common.
And about mobile prices dropping, yeah its true that post-budget cell phone prices are gonna drop. I think they must have started dropping by now.

i cant be sure, but i think that the n92's here.... atleast the huge banners on the nokia shops promoting the n-series show it..... and moreover, the wudnt really come out with an separate n92 advert on tv if it aint here.... but then, thats just logic, practically, i wudnt know if its here... lolzz... hell!! i reckon i've seen subhash ghai promoting this fone in some random contest!... :D
and well, the video quality is killer.... that duznt mean that the imaging would be worse? its not really like handycams and digicams... but imo, if the video quality is real good, the image quality would automatically be a lot better....

K

krazyfrog

Are you sure its N92. From what you're talking, i think you are talking about N93 which has a 3.2 mpix camera with auto focus and 3x optical zoom and VGA video recording at 30 fps. N92 just has a basic 2 mpix camera and video recording which is similar to N70. Also N92 has been launched in select countries and i don't think its available in india since we don't yet have DVBH which is the USP of N92.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Yeah could be. Btw i've seen this N93i in alfa and the thing looks damn sexy. Makes the N93 look like scrap in comparison. The two phones side-by-side looks like an Ambassador being parked besides a Gallardo.

hash!!

________
krazyfrog said:
^^ Yeah could be. Btw i've seen this N93i in alfa and the thing looks damn sexy. Makes the N93 look like scrap in comparison. The two phones side-by-side looks like an Ambassador being parked besides a Gallardo.
hahahaaaaaa.... gallardo ambassador comparison...!!!! this thread is the odds man!! :D
but i guess an ambassador can run over a gallardo like a bulldozer.... if it catches up with the gallardo ie.... hehehhhhhh

@bruce wayne, dude, IE stands for internet edition, which i guess are toned down versions of nice models, like the n91 ie, it wuz a wi-fi less version of the n91... i might be wrong, but i guess the ME is a lot better than the IE....

Pathik

Google Bot
n73 is essentially a music fone...
so one wd prefer ME to IE.. neways ther s not much difference between the normal n73 and IE

hash!!

________
pathiks said:
n73 is essentially a music fone...
so one wd prefer ME to IE.. neways ther s not much difference between the normal n73 and IE
i disagree... its a normal fone... could say a bit inclined to photography...
they just hooked it up with a big memory card, and the music s/w... and a diff colour... its pretty much the same thing... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom