Smartphone in the budget of 12-14K

k_v

Journeyman
1. Budget? Max budget is 14k

2. Display type and size? Minimum 3.5" . Want as big a screen as possible as i'm gonna do a lot of web surfing.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung, LG, Motorola , Nokia , SE

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Need a decent cam. Front cam not required. LED Flash a must. Autofocus would be a bonus.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Preferably Android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G/Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Flash , GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Camera , Email, Music and Internet. No gaming!

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Galaxy Ace, Wildfire S

12. Any other info that you want to share Need the following things :

- Good battery life. Phone shouldn't die on me after few hours of music + net surfing
- Good camera
- Fast OS
- Good screen size
- Will not be buying online

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
The small screen on SE Live and the X10 Mini Pro is a real put-off. The original Defy has Android v2.2 no?

Neeraj J

Broken In
you can go for Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V, can check online if want to buy. (I know u don't wanna buy online, but ... ) ;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The small screen on SE Live and the X10 Mini Pro is a real put-off. The original Defy has Android v2.2 no?

Live with Walkman have a 3.2" screen. And X10s are dead now. i was talking about Xperia Mini but have an even smaller 3" screen. Defy is another option but its out of stock everywhere (most likely discontinued).

Yes Defy has Android 2.2 & can be updated to Android 2.3/4.0 unofficially.

If you want a proper mobile with a balanced specs, you'll have to sell out 17k or more. Neo V, Defy+, Optimus Black.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Live with Walkman have a 3.2" screen. And X10s are dead now. i was talking about Xperia Mini but have an even smaller 3" screen. Defy is another option but its out of stock everywhere (most likely discontinued).

Yes Defy has Android 2.2 & can be updated to Android 2.3/4.0 unofficially.

If you want a proper mobile with a balanced specs, you'll have to sell out 17k or more. Neo V, Defy+, Optimus Black.

Yeah i meant the Xperia Mini Pro. The inclusion of X10 was a mistake.
I like the SE Live with Walkman. But, apart from the screen size, is choosing the Galaxy Ace(on which i had my heart set tbh) over the SE Live that big a mistake? Doesn't the Ace have a 800 Mhz proccy as compared to a 1 Ghz one on the SE Live?

Also, apart from Android, are there any other options in this price range? I cannot go beyond 14 or 15k . Thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I like the SE Live with Walkman. But, apart from the screen size, is choosing the Galaxy Ace(on which i had my heart set tbh) over the SE Live that big a mistake?

i'll sum up a few points where Ace scores & where live with walkman pawns ace:

Ace:
bigger screen.
Bluetooth 3.0

Live with walkman:
lot faster processor & equally better graphics.
512Mb ram (Ace has around 300Mb ram or maybe less)
1Gb internal rom & hence more internal space.
Bravia engine (but normal LED backlit display)
[OFFICIAL] Android 4.0 update in April-May
looks better (Ace looks like a iphone clone which everyone agrees)
same resolution as Ace but smaller screen = better pixel density.
720p video recording (Ace can record at 240p & at 15FPS)
front cam

in short i'll say this about Ace: check post

Doesn't the Ace have a 800 Mhz proccy as compared to a 1 Ghz one on the SE Live?

800Mhz ARM v6 based processor on Ace vs 1Ghz processor on Live with Walkman. so it is not only slower clock-to-clock but the graphics processor is also very weak.

Also, apart from Android, are there any other options in this price range? I cannot go beyond 14 or 15k . Thanks.

Nokia Lumia 710 cost a bit over 15k and have bigger display. another option is Wave M which is another crap some Samsung camp. both on software as well as hardware side.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
i'll sum up a few points where Ace scores & where live with walkman pawns ace:

Ace:
bigger screen.
Bluetooth 3.0

Live with walkman:
lot faster processor & equally better graphics.
512Mb ram (Ace has around 300Mb ram or maybe less)
1Gb internal rom & hence more internal space.
Bravia engine (but normal LED backlit display)
[OFFICIAL] Android 4.0 update in April-May
looks better (Ace looks like a iphone clone which everyone agrees)
same resolution as Ace but smaller screen = better pixel density.
720p video recording (Ace can record at 240p & at 15FPS)
front cam

in short i'll say this about Ace: check post

800Mhz ARM v6 based processor on Ace vs 1Ghz processor on Live with Walkman. so it is not only slower clock-to-clock but the graphics processor is also very weak.

Nokia Lumia 710 cost a bit over 15k and have bigger display. another option is Wave M which is another crap some Samsung camp. both on software as well as hardware side.

Okay. So that pretty much rules every other phone out in favour of the SE Live.
Also, i just watched a review of the Neo V and i have to say it's a nice little phone. But i'm not sure about its battery backup. I will be travelling about 4 hours everyday to get to and return from work during which i will be listening to music and doing some net surfing.
Any comment on it's battery life? If it's worth it, i will try and gather 2k more and get the Neo V.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Just did some ground work here in Mumbai. The Neo V is going for 17.5k, while the Live with walkman was for 13.5k. The Lumia 710(which looked really good) is priced at 15.5k.
The Neo V looks out of budget. So, i would like to know which amongst the Lumia 710 and Live with walkman would be a better buy?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
The Lumia 710 doesn't have a memory expansion slot :?

I guess i'll just go for SE LWW

but it does have 8 gigs of memory + gorilla glass + WP + 1.4ghz + 800X480 res + 3.7" screen
i'd say go for it, it suits most of your needs!

S

siddhipatel

As your preferred choice is Samsung Galaxy Ace, I would suggest you to go with the same. Its really nice phone and having all the latest technology. Or otherwise you will get many new models of your preferred brands which suits within your budget. You can go for any of them.

rajan1311

Padawan
Just did some ground work here in Mumbai. The Neo V is going for 17.5k, while the Live with walkman was for 13.5k. The Lumia 710(which looked really good) is priced at 15.5k.
The Neo V looks out of budget. So, i would like to know which amongst the Lumia 710 and Live with walkman would be a better buy?

the lumia 710 is available for Rs14,600 online...

I would recommend the lumia 710, i have been using it for over a month now...the only con i see is the battery life... have reviewed it here.

red dragon

Master troll
Lumia 710 or Omnia W is a far better phone the galaxy Ace,optimus net or even NeoV.

Android experience in these low-mid range phone is rather poor.
Galaxy Ace is a very bad phone,the screen is really very poor.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Top Bottom