Smartphone around 12k

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Need your help in buying a mobile guys.
1. Budget?
Ans: Rs 12000 . Can extend a little bit more if needed.
2. Display type and size?
Ans: 4 to 4.5" would be perfect.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Ans: Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans: Reputed Brands only.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Ans: Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want?
Ans: 5 MP with flash is minimum.
7. Preferred operating system?
Ans: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options?
Ans: 3G , WiFi.
9. Preferred applications
Ans: General Apps
10. Primary use of handset?
Ans: Normal usage with moderate gaming.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Ans: Xperia M and Moto G.
12. Any other info that you want to share?
Ans: Nothing.

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
I am thinking of that too. But i heard some problems in Moto G after updating to KitKat like WiFi problems and some defective pieces are sold by flipkart.

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Guys , with Moto G and Cover the price is nearing 15k. So I would like to keep the cost less than 12k. Is there any other phone better than Xperia M in this price??

Minion

Conversation Architect
^ There is no other phone in 12k except moto G and Xperia M but Xperia M has very bad camera and screen too is bad too.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try exchanging some old mobile for 2k+ discount on Moto G, provided it qualifies for exchange.

also it feels quite heavy, adding a flip cover will cross the 150g mark. stick to mobile without flip cover. this is not a mobile that needs to be kept hidden under wraps of cover.

OP
Sainatarajan

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
I am thinking that is an extra Dual Core and Crisp Display worth 4k more than the Xperia M ??? I am getting Xperia M Dual for 11.2k locally. Is it a good buy??? Please tell me about the Service Centre's of Motorola. Also I want to know whether any new good phone will be released in a little while. Please guide me in this.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'll say yes. don't have experience with Sony's 2013 lineup so won't make any comparison but Moto G is smooth, brilliant display (but fingerprint magnet) and one of the sturdiest mobile i have used (due to sealed battery & tight fit back cover). 14k is just steal for 16GB.

Motorola service centres in India revealed ahead of Moto G launch. For my place it is Redington.

Under 15k, there isn't much. LG L90 was launched for 15k+ whereas Sony M2 will most likely get priced near or slightly above L90. All other mobiles are either packing dualcore Cortex A7 with WVGA resolution like LG L70 or Samsung Ace Style which is actually inferior to last gen mobiles like Xperia L in terms of performance.

anky

Youngling
I am thinking that is an extra Dual Core and Crisp Display worth 4k more than the Xperia M ??? I am getting Xperia M Dual for 11.2k locally. Is it a good buy??? Please tell me about the Service Centre's of Motorola. Also I want to know whether any new good phone will be released in a little while. Please guide me in this.
yes, its totally worh it, bcoz in the end u may regret not buying moto g, since there is considerable difference between the performance of these two mobiles.

Top Bottom