"slipstreaming" softwares!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingshere

Right off the assembly line
hi all
well i saw a cd of WIN XP. while d windows was being installed from tat cd, it insatalled f following softwares too
1) adobe reader
2) winRAR
3) winamp........ n some others too.

i wanna kno how was this possible. is there nesoftware tat can do this????????

thnzzz in advance

G

gxsaurav

There is a application for this, call nlite. Actully, this is how OEM builders make their Installation or Recovery CD which comes bundled with OEM computers. Once Windows is installed, it silently installs these applications.

Some of these applications support silent installation switches, some do not. many of these free apps are also available in repackaged way, like u can integrate IE 7 & WMP11 in Windows XP SP2 with nlite, provided that u have the specific "nlite addon pack"

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
during installation from such CD/DVD's, can we restrict the unwanted installation. (e.g. m/b drivers)

^^i own a HP Pavilion Desktop PC, the PC came with 2 Recovery DVDs.

My query-> can i take on make a new Recovery DVD from the original, which contains only the XP SP2 & not the Motherboard drivers.

as i'm going to go for a new m/b, i dont want that that original recovery DVD to install the m/b drivers.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
s18000rpm said:
during installation from such CD/DVD's, can we restrict the unwanted installation. (e.g. m/b drivers)

^^i own a HP Pavilion Desktop PC, the PC came with 2 Recovery DVDs.

My query-> can i take on make a new Recovery DVD from the original, which contains only the XP SP2 & not the Motherboard drivers.

as i'm going to go for a new m/b, i dont want that that original recovery DVD to install the m/b drivers.

Yes, u can. Just use nLite to remove those components which u don't want in ur recovery disc. :)

OP
K

kingshere

Right off the assembly line
i used nlite, it js gives me features like slipstreaming SPz, removing things i dnt wanna install with windows.... bt i cant make it install software tat i want.... do i need some pack other thn nite????? it'll b good some1 can tell me it bt a tute..... i'll b gratefull.............

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i like quite the old fassion way of Installation... :))

but nLite comes handy some time when / if some driver issue comes up.. like no Floppy drive but SATA HDD with RAID controller..

in those situation nlite comes really handy :))

G

gxsaurav

saurav_cheeta said:
i
but nLite comes handy some time when / if some driver issue comes up.. like no Floppy drive but SATA HDD with RAID controller..

Yeah, that indeed is a life saver

U can set nlite to install a few applications after installing Windows, if they have the \silent switch, it could be any value, so check weather that app has silent switch or not. Add it to nlite using hotfix method & it should work. Better use vmware to test these CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom