Slim Black Phone with atleast 8Mp camera and Notification LED

maverick121

Journeyman
Im currently using samsung grand 2.Im planning to sell this and get myself a slim phone(No Samsung,just because of the poor design/lack of innovation in design)

I was first going for devices under 10000RS but like the lenovo a9000,zenphone 2 but zenphone 2 is large and a9000 does not have a notificaton led.I loved the sony design but while buying grand 2 i chose it because of the price and the UI.
But the bloatware is making the phone slow and i don like the design anymore.

I just went out today and laid my hands on the Z3(black) the phone looks stunning, like the notification led too.But the price is too high.I could manage by selling my grand 2 and putting in the extra.But i keep thinking im i wasting this much money?im just a casual gamer on the phone and 8mp camera is more than enough for me.

So please throw some light

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Lenovo A9000? :confused:

You need to fill *www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html
You want a bloatware free, slim phone with minimum 8 MP camera under 10k then Yureka is your best option.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]
It was lenovo A6000.YU yureka will be hard to hold in 1 hand plus i dont like its looks,does it have a led notification?

1. Budget? Can extend up to get z3,if its really worth it.
2. Display type and size? Maximum 5.2,i find grand 2 to hard to put in my jeans and use with 1 hand.
3. Dual sim? Will be good, but no necessary
4. Preferred choice of brand? No samsung,No HTC
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? 8x min -good quality that match grand 2
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc)? Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready)? 4g will be good not necesary
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Mails,Browsing,Video,Music
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Z3 but will be it a waste of HARD earned money?

Last edited:
OK, I guess you need a good looking lag free smartphone which should perform at par or better than Grand 2........

Check these:
Huawei Honor 6 H60-L04 vs Lenovo Vibe X2 4G vs Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs HTC One M8 Eye: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
OK, I guess you need a good looking lag free smartphone which should perform at par or better than Grand 2........

Check these:
Huawei Honor 6 H60-L04 vs Lenovo Vibe X2 4G vs Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs HTC One M8 Eye: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

Thanks but Honor 6& Lenovo Vibe Costs 18,000 i dont want to spent this much on new brands in the mobile market.

Thanks but Honor 6& Lenovo Vibe Costs 18,000 i dont want to spent this much on new brands in the mobile market.

Really ??
There are many people here who even buy phones from brands like Xiaomi & Oneplus, which are new compared to Huawei & Lenovo

Huawei & Lenovo are good....... If you want a phone from big brands then i guess you must get a Galaxy S4...... There are no good 5" offerings from Sony, HTC, Motorola or LG at sub 20k

- - - Updated - - -

^ wait for new nexus in October :D

Considering the price of Nexus 6, I personally have lost faith in Nexus lineup...... Nexus 4 & 5 were priced well, whereas Nexus 6 is over priced, better get a LG G3 and save upto 10k

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Really ??
There are many people here who even buy phones from brands like Xiaomi & Oneplus, which are new compared to Huawei & Lenovo

Huawei & Lenovo are good....... If you want a phone from big brands then i guess you must get a Galaxy S4...... There are no good 5" offerings from Sony, HTC, Motorola or LG at sub 20k

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the price of Nexus 6, I personally have lost faith in Nexus lineup...... Nexus 4 & 5 were priced well, whereas Nexus 6 is over priced, better get a LG G3 and save upto 10k

What do you think about Z3 ? is it worth the price? Will there be a price drop sooner? I really love its design.

A

amit.tiger12

^ I think, new nexus will be nexus 5 (2015) version and made by LG (official news), and definitely coming at low price comparing with nexus 6.
and there is another nexus with low cost rumor suggest.

^ I think, new nexus will be nexus 5 (2015) version and made by LG (official news), and definitely coming at low price comparing with nexus 6.
and there is another nexus with low cost rumor suggest.

Let's see..... We will know when it launches

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think about Z3 ? is it worth the price? Will there be a price drop sooner? I really love its design.

Z3 is available at around 35k

According to me its a good phone. It is worth its price, but if you don't need such a high end phone, there is no point in buying it......
There are many cheaper phones which will easily fulfill your requirements

There will price drop after a month or so when Z4 launches, till then no price cuts
It recently got the price cut to 35k from 40k

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
I really love the xperia looks and if i can manage to get 10k for my grand 2 i will go with xperia z3(if i can get it for 35k)I had got grand 2 for 24k ( with reliance extended warranty).so 35-10=25k .. will it be worth it?

And what will be price of z4.. like it be around 50 k right?

ashs1

Padawan
Yeah.. Expect z4 to be easily >45k( thanks to Sony's ridiculous pricing policy)

Why not considering z1 compact or moto x? Its cheaper, smaller and can handle most apps easily.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If you are asking whether Z3 is worth 35k or not, then yes, it is worth it. I don't suggest it though. And you have ruled out Sammy and HTC already, so that's probably the only flagship left.

Always remember one thing, you will get what you pay for.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Using Asus Zenfone5 since yesterday and I'm smitten by it.

UI is awesome and will get lollipop update in April. That means really soon.

Buttery smooth and great camera. With notification led.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Let's see..... We will know when it launches

- - - Updated - - -

Z3 is available at around 35k

According to me its a good phone. It is worth its price, but if you don't need such a high end phone, there is no point in buying it......
There are many cheaper phones which will easily fulfill your requirements

There will price drop after a month or so when Z4 launches, till then no price cuts
It recently got the price cut to 35k from 40k

Is 35K, a good price to get this,will prices go down any sooner?
How many years will it be future proof?

- - - Updated - - -

Sony is investing more in z3 promotion so no z4 show up soon is imminent.

What is your opinion about z3?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Is 35K, a good price to get this,will prices go down any sooner?
How many years will it be future proof?

Prices will keep going down, at some point it will decrease at a very slow pace when it reaches a stable point before going out of production, if you wait another month you should be able to get it at 32k or something like that.

No such thing as future proof, and if you want a technical answer then it's already outdated cause SD801 is two iterations behind, as 805 and 810 is already out there (if QC only is taken into account) and 330 is already outdated as 430 is there.

But still you should be able to play those graphically intensive games for at least one and a half year or something.

Top Bottom