Skoar Forums hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
blackpearl said:
AFAIK, the magazine has the right to edit articles without informing the writer, no matter how good or famous a writer you are. There is nothing you can do about it officially. But what is the reason behind Skoar editing the writer's previews? Is that because they don't like the preview or is that it does not contain enough abuses? Generally, the edited article should be better than the original one otherwise there is no sense in editing.
yup they can edit the articles but then they shd add a note that the above article has been modified... wd u like it if a publish a filled crap article in ur name???

blackpearl

The Devil
pathiks said:
yup they can edit the articles but then they shd add a note that the above article has been modified... wd u like it if a publish a filled crap article in ur name???

Exactly!! If the edited article is full of crap they should stop writing for the mag.

T

thunderbird.117

blackpearl said:
Exactly!! If the edited article is full of crap they should stop writing for the mag.

That is the whole point of Skoar! thread. They should stop publishing Skoar. Iam sure a gaming magazine will come to india but not from JDM.

T

thunderbird.117

vimal_mehrotra said:
If skoar comes this time there wont be p-rated games for sure:D and I expect lots of abuses for the "duggers" too:D

Duggers?.

T

thunderbird.117

vimal_mehrotra said:
^^One who "Diggs":D

Ah that one. The more they abuse the more they get. I do not think skoar will last that long.

lalam

In the zone
Just kind of curious about the will and would be next issue of skoar......Hmmm maybe i should get it just for whatever **** may come written in its latest issue after it got bash pretty much :D

hailgautam

Youngling
pathiks said:
Do u think there ll be a NEXT skoar ???? :D

I searched for a copy for 2-3 months in Hyderabad, Banagalore and Chennai on the news stands but did not get it. So I orderd a copy on Jan 4th and I have not yet received the copy. Every time I call them once on Feb 29 and other last week both times they said that they are sending it the same evening. But it seems in the skoar land evenings do not come...:(

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hailgautam said:
I searched for a copy for 2-3 months in Hyderabad, Banagalore and Chennai on the news stands but did not get it. So I orderd a copy on Jan 4th and I have not yet received the copy. Every time I call them once on Feb 29 and other last week both times they said that they are sending it the same evening. But it seems in the skoar land evenings do not come...:(

Its good that magazine support like the mag/forums does not use cuss words when you call them. yet :D

T

thunderbird.117

hailgautam said:

Few reason not to get skoar :). If you subcribe the magazine cancel it and get the refund. 200Rs for this mag is not all worth buying it. If you want to know about gaming i suggest you to visit sites like gamespot.com, ign.com, gamespy.com. Iam telling you this because you should not waste your hard earned money to buy this magazine or if your parents or someelse give you the money to buy. Skoar deserves to die in the dustbin with no respect at all.

S

SE><IE

The ultimate question- Will this thread get locked too just because its not related to digit ?
I must say that just because this thread talks of a sister mag, it doesn't mean it must be locked. we are trying to point what actually IS going on. (Yeah, its the piracy and blaming) Just because its a different mag, it doesn't mean you can look over the fact that the same publisher is behind both of them.

Regarding whether or not Maulik Jasubahi is concerned or not about the pirated (no, they are NOT abandonware) games. I must say you are losing buyers and moreover you are bringing down our own image in the eyes of your very own readers.

People still see SKOAR as a magazine by digit people. And the people will say - If its in skoar then why can't be in digit tomorrow. 'Yesternight' my buddy said, "hmmm so you mean there are pirated games in digit too."

On the morning of 9th March, the forum was cracked into and several threads deleted
When was VJ's account deleted BTW? Do you mean to say VJ just goes and learns to crack the security and implements it under 24 Hrs? He was a happy member till his last post, wasnt he.

The forum will be restored to its state as of 15th Dec 2006
Hmm.. so you got no backup for 3 full months. Who are you trying to fool eh?
There won't be any ranting about piracy and sh!t when the forums are into play again. Nice move.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, they can fool us[ the readers] by saying the site has been hacked nd all threads were deleted. But weve nothin to do as well.

It was a mag with bulletholes nd burn bigger holes in our pocket also, and what we get are some stupid languages and 10bucks games which is easily available local game parlour wala. Then why shud waste 200 precious bucks.

T

thunderbird.117

SE><IE said:
The ultimate question- Will this thread get locked too just because its not related to digit ?
I must say that just because this thread talks of a sister mag, it doesn't mean it must be locked. we are trying to point what actually IS going on. (Yeah, its the piracy and blaming) Just because its a different mag, it doesn't mean you can look over the fact that the same publisher is behind both of them.

Regarding whether or not Maulik Jasubahi is concerned or not about the pirated (no, they are NOT abandonware) games. I must say you are losing buyers and moreover you are bringing down our own image in the eyes of your very own readers.

People still see SKOAR as a magazine by digit people. And the people will say - If its in skoar then why can't be in digit tomorrow. 'Yesternight' my buddy said, "hmmm so you mean there are pirated games in digit too."

When was VJ's account deleted BTW? Do you mean to say VJ just goes and learns to crack the security and implements it under 24 Hrs? He was a happy member till his last post, wasnt he.

Hmm.. so you got no backup for 3 full months. Who are you trying to fool eh?
There won't be any ranting about piracy and sh!t when the forums are into play again. Nice move.
You are totally right.

Also half life and mafia are not abandonware. The company still exist and they still have copyright of it. So basically it is pirated.

Also if they lock this thread. They will undergo lot of suspious and also giving excuse like Skoar is not part of digit wont help at all. Because it same had JDM has Se><ie already told you.

Btw does anyone have skoar where they sold the priate version of the disk?. I do not buy all the skoar. So if anyone brought. Please post the picture here or contact me via pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom