# Siri Works ONLY with iPhone 4S!

oval_man

Journeyman
Its really bad,.........if you have 4S,then only Siri will work

Will Jailbreak bring Siri to iphone 4 & 3GS is a million-dollar query!

*i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/siri.jpg

"Siri is crazy. Being able to talk to your phone like a real person is the stuff of Sci-Fi. Here's the catch: You won't be able to use it unless you've got an iPhone 4S.

Siri's built into a bunch of apps already, and the software runs on both the 4S and in Apple's data centers. Because the process is so CPU-intensive, it'll only run on the iPhone 4S with its newer A5 chip. That makes sense with how many features are packed into it, like learning your voice's natural cadence and understanding English, French, and German, but it's gotta be a little disappointing for iPhone users who aren't up for an upgrade just yet."

Source: Siri Personal Assistant Only Works on the iPhone 4S

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes, I knew this already. I doubt if it will be possible to bring Siri even via JB. Come on Apple, dont abandon your users like this.

Kvishal

In the zone
Its really bad,.........if you have 4S,then only Siri will work

Will Jailbreak bring Siri to iphone 4 & 3GS is a million-dollar query!

*i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/siri.jpg

"Siri is crazy. Being able to talk to your phone like a real person is the stuff of Sci-Fi. Here's the catch: You won't be able to use it unless you've got an iPhone 4S.

Siri's built into a bunch of apps already, and the software runs on both the 4S and in Apple's data centers. Because the process is so CPU-intensive, it'll only run on the iPhone 4S with its newer A5 chip. That makes sense with how many features are packed into it, like learning your voice's natural cadence and understanding English, French, and German, but it's gotta be a little disappointing for iPhone users who aren't up for an upgrade just yet."

Source: Siri Personal Assistant Only Works on the iPhone 4S

"SiRi" Rulzzzzzzzzzz ! Wow !! what a innovation by Apple.... I am already falling in love with this amazing stuff watching at its videos !! But what remains to be seen is, will it work in the same way as shown in the promo videos. It is a Awesome innovation by Apple. Kudos to Apple for that...It is not unnecessarily that people say "Apple Leads" and the world follows it...

On a serious note now that iOS-5 is gonna be available across all Apple Devices like the old iPad, iPad-2 and iPhone-4 will that also not bring SiRi in to it.

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
Siri is the ONLY..ONLY selling point of 4S. If they allow it to run on 4 & 3GS, who will buy 4S then?!

Anyways i'm very confident that hackers will somehow figure it out to run Siri on other phones (iPhone 4, 3GS) as well ;)

Kvishal

In the zone
Looking forward to read more comments about, what do you guys think about SiRi Just read someone here posting somedays back ridiculing it :razz: by saying it is some nonsensical stuff produced by apple for e.g If it is already Monsoon Season why would you wanna ask Siri if it was gonna Rain today ? You might just look out of your window and decide for yourself if it was gonna Rain today...:)) Though I found it quite Dumb, but this is what and how people are ridiculing it.

What do u guys think ?

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
^^It does much more than just finding about weather. And if we can just find out if it is going to rain by looking out of window, then websites like Yahoo Weather, weather.com, etc wouldn't exist at all!!

And anyways what i'm bothered about is.....whether it is going to work with Indian Accent!!!!

Kvishal

In the zone
It does much more than just finding about weather. And if we can just find out if it is going to rain by looking out of window, then websites like Yahoo Weather, weather.com, etc wouldn't exist at all!!

And anyways what i'm bothered about is.....whether it is going to work with Indian Accent!!!!

Plus there is always this problem with Voice Command thing with the Gadget having to be held in a particular way for your Voice to reach the device. I have had very bad experience of using Voice Dialling feature in a Motorola device.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Voice commands are overrated ..be it Android or iOS. Imagine yourself talking to your phone screen in public !!!

Do we really really need this ??

My Ans : Good to have but not required as such....

Kvishal

In the zone
Voice commands are overrated ..be it Android or iOS. Imagine yourself talking to your phone screen in public !!!

It is about making your Life easier and Simpler, Imagine 20 years back people would have said why do u need Cell Phones in the first place when you had Landlines :mrgreen: If you start talking about what is required and what is not...Half of the things in any cell phone today you would have to say, it is not required. So would you then say technological advancement is not required ?? It is there for all. One can use individual judgement and decide if he needs it or not :-o

Its the fact how you would like to take it. You should check the video Ad about Siri ? Somewhere you might feel its useful.

Top Bottom