Silence the ringer.. android

dabster

In the zone
Is there a way to mute the ring tone of an incoming call while I am deciding what to do with the call?

In meetings, it is a real nuisance if the ringing blares away while I make my way out of the room to take the call.

Sincerely wonder if folks at google dev could get the requirements correct. I know they are making the code available to all for free, but that can't be the reason to be liitle short on important stuff that they need to build in Android.

Please let me know on this.. before I start sounding like a regular Android rant making user. :D.

Think if there is an app for this .. I am on Gingerbred.
-----------------------
Looked thru App way, shake and silent. - How-To Mute Android Calls By Shaking Your Phone

Just to realize myself that volume keys just work while incoming call to silence the ringtone as well as the vibrator... wooh!

Last edited:

amohit

Broken In
In my Galaxy i5801, if you hold the volume (-) button for a few seconds, ringer is disabled for that call. Ringer volume in general is not affected. Only that particular call is affected.

Regards,
Mohit

In my phone when i press the switch off button(its also the lock/unlock button), the ringing of call is muted.

Note: I've also configured my lock button for ending the call but that only works when i'm talking on the call.

@OP : Which phone do u use ?

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Thanks Guys for lookin-in, I totally like the old ways of digit forum when everybody is quickly chipping to help you. In this case I was able to find the ans myself. See my edit to the original post :). Volume Rocker button just works for me also.
I am still catching up with usability/ease part of android, Coming from a consistent reliable S60 device world :)

Top Bottom