Sick of Firefox on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I run Open Suse 10.2 and am using firefox 2.0. Our network goes through an analogx proxy. I receive a lot (I mean lots) of errors when I try to browse the web.
the title shows 400 Bad Request and the error is something like this
Code:
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Request header field is missing colon separator.

<garbled text here, probably some header field or something>

I read that removing all cookies and reloading will help but it doesn't seem to work.
Is it due to the fact that analogx doesn't support firefox on Linux(That should logically be the reason since that should have nothing to do with it) or is it due to firefox 2.0 being buggy or something? I am trying to update firefox through yast but the net here sucks. I have also shot a mail to our IT dept at HO but I don't think they will be able to isolate the problems. Any help would be appreciated, people... (we are having gender sensitization sessions this week :) )

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
hehe... good to see you putting the sessions to use... hope you'll learn from them :)

I dont know anything about this stuff.... but does this help -
*blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-use-firefox-browser-through-analogx-proxy/

praka123

left this forum longback
I am not good in networking.but Firefox can be set for auto detect proxy right?
press shift+control+R and give a try.
when i tried vsftpd long back its working,actually it is somewhere our faults!
for eg:check Firewall!!
flush firewall (iptables -F) and try.. ::::

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
this is not due to http version as I had already figured that out. And praka, no, we do not have a dhcp server or wins. So proxy has to be manually entered. Firewall is not probably the issue since even after a system restart I have the same problem. i hope if i try the iptables -F, it won't break anything? I mean, I have yast downloading in the background and if my net breaks for a second I will have to restart and I don't want to do that.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
lol charangk, you guys never give up, do you?

@mediator, I think I was not clear enough. I have entered the proxy, it works fine, right now i am even using firefox on open suse through analogx. But everytime I am able to view a page, like when i post this, I am going to have to refresh atleast 10 times to get the next page.
What i need to know is why firefox on windows through analogx works ok while on linux it doesn't.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
To me it seems more of a DNS problem! Try giving public free DNS servers in ur DNS entry. Get a public dns server and follow basic steps!
*www.opendns.com/start/unix.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom