shutdown problem in Win2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sush_digit

Right off the assembly line
hey guys I am using win. server 2003 Ent.Edition as my O/S I am getting a shutdown error. I scan my Drive for viruses with AVG but it didn't detect any viruses.So i Run Shutdown -a to abort my system shutdown.I am frustrated with this.So please Reply to me.I am attaching The error page.Thanks

Last edited:

DukeNukem

Come get Some
well i honestly dont know the root cause. but its like blaster virus probs in win 2000/xp

try this to see whether it workouts for you.
dissable the said service from service manager
(lsass.exe) Security Accounts Manager: Disable it, it's pretty useless, unless you use NTFS Encryption.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
sush_digit said:
hey guys I am using win. server 2003 Ent.Edition as my O/S I am getting a shutdown error. I scan my Drive for viruses with AVG but it didn't detect any viruses.So i Run Shutdown -a to abort my system shutdown.I am frustrated with this.So please Reply to me.I am attaching The error page.Thanks

Your system is infected with 'Sasser' Virus!. This worm exploits the Windows LSASS vulnerability that allows remote code execution and enables an attacker to gain full control of the affected system.
It seems that you have not updated the definitions of AVG in your system.

Solution:
1.Update your AVG antivirus definitions and run a full system scan.
2.Download hotfix from here and apply it. KB835732
3.Restart your system.

This should solve your problem.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Thanks for ur feedback. Keep posting....

A suggestion..
It took me a while to remember what you thanked for by PM.
Please give your feedbacks in the corresponding thread rather than PM so that it becomes easy for us to know what you thanked for.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm.. do u have SP1 installed ?? or rather u should upgread to R2 version of the server 2003... Blaster worm was suppose to be gone by the realse of SP1 for Server 2003... u shopuld use the latest updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom