SHUT DOWN DAY! Can you live without computer for 24 Hrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Sourabh said:
If quite a lot of people are so serious to quit their PC on 24th of next month, I think that is the first day I can surf digg nicely.
digg without people, man? What fun would that be? :D

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Sourabh said:
I find this funny. Why should anyone not use internet on that particular day? Just to see if we can? Sorry, but I will not take part in it. I can go one day without computer and internet easily, may be even more if need be. But I surely won't switch off my laptop for an entire day as a part of an experiment. I just cannot let my fully functional PC which is connected to internet just sit idle for no reason whatsoever. A lot of people work on the internet, earn money for their living, check mails and other things which may be important and needed to be done on a daily basis.

If quite a lot of people are so serious to quit their PC on 24th of next month, I think that is the first day I can surf digg nicely.

There is a perfect reason for choosing a day. It could have been any fixed day. And one more thing is it is on Saturday! One can take off on any day provided he/she plan something else for that day. But, I can't promise that I can do it on 24th exactly. That's where the point comes in. Can you do it on 24th? Yes or No. If yes, one must make sure that you do it justifying it. But, it's kinda dilemma situation for me at least. Hence voted "NO". :)

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I can certainly live without comps. But I cant say I wont be using comp tomorrow or on 24 March. It all depends on my mood.

S

SE><IE

It makes sense for citizens of USA. They get electricity 24 Hrs a day (week or month don't count cuz they can be broken down into days). We Indians shutdown our computers atleast once a day (24 Hrs) due to power cut.

I haven't shutdown my PC for more than a month. Its just hibernate and restore :p

is it that much tough.I dnt think so.every day my PC shuts down or better say switches off due to power cuts..and during vacation when I m outstation I do it myself for weeks,however I hibernate it rather than full shutdown.

I can :p ...When i was young i did live...Now i m a SOFTWARE ENGINEER..n especially during weekends i hardly sit infront of my PC or Lappy...

Cheers,
Kunal :p

shantanu

Technomancer
i cant do that !!!! i will die without comp. in my life for 24 HRS....

my god even i cant live 5 hrs. without seeing my cute desktop....

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
yup i can...
i can keep myself away from this addicted world...from this forums..from this communities.....from epuns...
just for 24 hrs na..its ok...i can....yes i can keep my pc off for a day.......

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I think I am in. Wont be using my Comp on 24th March for sure.Coz my cousins wedding is the next day and I should be in preparations.

This is a good survey, this should show the pc penetration.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Sourabh said:
Boycott International Shutdown Day!

Exactly my views. Happy 'go to hell'.

This is one of the dumbest boycott I have ever seen. :D Whtz the big deal in it?

his PSU's screwed lol:D:D:D

:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom