SHUT DOWN DAY! Can you live without computer for 24 Hrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Shutdown Day!
Can you shutdown your system for 24 Hours?

*shutdownday.com/images/isd_en.gif

It is obvious that people would find life extremely difficult without computers, maybe even impossible. If they disappeared for just one day, would we be able to cope?

Be a part of one of the biggest global experiments ever to take place on the internet. The idea behind the experiment is to find out how many people can go without a computer for one whole day, and what will happen if we all participate!

Shutdown your computer on this day and find out! Can you survive for 24 hours without your computer?

Vote: Shutdown Day

Aberforth

The Internationalist
That would be very easy. All I have to do is make my site backups, ask the other moderators to kick in, miss classes and go out for the day with a friend or my girl. Have done it a lot of times upto three days and one day is no problem. I'm in this survey :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Impossible for me to do this voluntarily.

Even if someone or something forces me to leave it, I still keep it switched on so that my torrents can keep downloading. Only time I switch it off is when I go outstation. :D

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Yes...Will Obviously do that... But what is the purpose..Why I should I shut down ON THAT DAY only.. I can live without computer for more than 24hrs I know that.. if neccessity comes I'll do that. But I find no reason to shutdown my PC on that DAY!! :)

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i was out in my village with NO POWER for five days. can you imagine without computer , without Cell phone , without TV and Not even some tech guy .
i was like a stone for those five days

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
max_demon said:
i was out in my village with NO POWER for five days. can you imagine without computer , without Cell phone , without TV and Not even some tech guy .
i was like a stone for those five days
I have experienced it.
you will get mad totally. leaving the PC suddenly is immposible for me atleast.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I ll just check the scores and change the channel:D
Earlier like most of the guys I watched every damn match but slowly I found out the passiveness of cricket.The only moment of action is a ball being struck..Most of the time is idle,then there are ads after every over..so I switched to football which is active for 45 mins-break-45 mins no ads in between.:D

rajasekharan

Youngling
no problem for me , i have even been away from home for 3 to 4 months with out comp . i read books :). enjoy music . its no big deal . another time was for two weeks when my comp got dead . as long as there is enough books to read and music to listen i dont care :).

Sourabh

Laptoping
I find this funny. Why should anyone not use internet on that particular day? Just to see if we can? Sorry, but I will not take part in it. I can go one day without computer and internet easily, may be even more if need be. But I surely won't switch off my laptop for an entire day as a part of an experiment. I just cannot let my fully functional PC which is connected to internet just sit idle for no reason whatsoever. A lot of people work on the internet, earn money for their living, check mails and other things which may be important and needed to be done on a daily basis.

If quite a lot of people are so serious to quit their PC on 24th of next month, I think that is the first day I can surf digg nicely.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i hope many ppl from INDIA especially B'lore take part in it:D, then i can download some torrents @ max speed:p & not compromising browsing @ same time:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom