shure se215 worth it??

josin

In the zone
yeah... heard good things about cowon j3 bro... but heard that it is discontinued..

i dont want anything but superior audio quality player.. wont care if it dont play videos

any alternatives..??

Well why not wait for Nexus 5 ( save your money till then)....I have a nexus 4 and believe me its pretty good at playing anything with Poweramp. Nexus 5 would be even better IMHO.

There is nothing better than this baby at the present time, but getting it would be not that easy....
its iBasso DX50. The cost is around 15000/- in US of A.

You can read the review at iBasso DX50 Appreciation Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2)
and for other options visit here.
and here too Happy hunting....

Last edited:
OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
yeah.. heard about ibasso dx50 bro...

fiio x3 is available here but not dx50...

thnx for taking the time posting the links bro

josin

In the zone
yeah.. heard about ibasso dx50 bro...

fiio x3 is available here but not dx50...

thnx for taking the time posting the links bro

Try iBhejo.com-Shop International Watches, Mobiles, Cameras ,Computers & much more products Online. There is a link at the top "request an item from US" ( I have once requested a poetic hard case for nexus 4 and they were very good in delivering the item...they will give you the tracking id(international) of the item once it shipped)

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
i spent quality time with this buddy

yeah.. has to fit them to form a seal so that we hear full sound they produce

will lose bass if seal is not properly formed

bass, detailing is very good

olive tips became my friends to provide better noise isolation in traveling so that i can hear at low volume level

highs are there but not forward

mids are smooth, detailed

bass is good at low volume levels too

overall - very nice

i like the sound signature(i've used klipsch image s4 sound)

sorry bro

went for a trip.. thats why didn't reply

all my money was spent.. now i dont buy dap.. will buy after a month or two

have anyone experience with colorfly c3..??

shashwatshuklakem

Right off the assembly line
Dear Chandhu,

Get the clip+ or clip zip. Later you will have plethora of options in the portable AMPs but what you need now is the good source first.

If you have a good budget so Cowon J3

I suggest you look into Sandisk Sansa players if you want a budget option (it's really good especially the ClipZip). Otherwise there is no reason that you shouldn't get a COWON. J3 has been discontinued but I bought the C2 instead and boy, it is awesome. Apart from a few freezes here and there, it is a great player with all the BBE options which work great and the output from the player is pretty solid too......(Awwww...iPods....Did I just threw you a bone you can't chew??). Plus the battery life on it is insane!! Add to it, an expandable storage...and you have a winner here!!

Hope I helped!

dare devil

Broken In
Fiio X3 is little dull/warm/bassy sounding and if its that sound you like you will love them.Since the SE215 is already bassy ,the fiio x3 will just make the sound a little too thick that will kill the air in treble making the complex soundstages sound unweildy through swift musical passages. Try the SE215 with energetic sources like Sony Xperia Z or higer models, Iphone 5, HTC one X etc etc.....and then decide on an amp/pmp.

Just 2 days ago received my Fiio X3.
I am interested in Shure SE215.
But after reading The Incinerator's above post i dropped the idea of buying Shure se215.
What about Fiio X3 with Hifiman RE 400?
Can i go for Hifiman Re400?

dare devil

Broken In
^^Philips Fidelio and the Grado SR225 are out of my budget.
I am asking about Hifiman RE 400 IEM not Hifiman HE400.
As of now i don't want to buy a headphone.
You said Shure SE 215 is bass heavy and so FiioX3 will make the sound too thick.
But Hifiman Re400 is balanced and very smooth.
What about FiioX3 and Hifiman Re400 iem combination.??

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I havnt heard the iems,Im more familiar with their orthos,now if the iems are neutral and smooth sounding then they should sound great together.

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
you cant go wrong with hifiman re400
have a look in headfi x3 thread
they say shure iems match well with x3
but not se215 'coz its bassy causing the pair sounding thick as highs are rolled off
i've se215spe and x3
re400 is balanced one and it has clarity without emphasizing highs

Top Bottom