shure se215 worth it??

chandhu

Broken In
i want in-ears.. chosen shure se215 special edition which costs 8k... is there any better ones in this price range..??

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You have chosen one of my favorites at that price. This particular Shure has a sound signature very different from the actual "Shure Sound" which has a particular degree of clinicalness making them sound cold but detailed and exciting aka SE535. But thats needed when you are doing onstage monitoring, but as consumers we want to enjoy music and not to a lab rat test on tracks,doing that takes away the foot tapping joy out of music. Now this SE215 does exactly that ,it lest you enjoy the music,it has a rich warm sound signature ,ofcourse very rythmic and musical with lots of adequate detail and a good low end!You can hear them over long periods of time without fatigue setting in. The only cons is the treble could have been a bit more airy and the sound could have a little more excitement like the Klipsch Custom3,other wise these nitpicking they are among the very best. Buy them right now!

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
You have chosen one of my favorites at that price. This particular Shure has a sound signature very different from the actual "Shure Sound" which has a particular degree of clinicalness making them sound cold but detailed and exciting aka SE535. But thats needed when you are doing onstage monitoring, but as consumers we want to enjoy music and not to a lab rat test on tracks,doing that takes away the foot tapping joy out of music. Now this SE215 does exactly that ,it lest you enjoy the music,it has a rich warm sound signature ,ofcourse very rythmic and musical with lots of adequate detail and a good low end!You can hear them over long periods of time without fatigue setting in. The only cons is the treble could have been a bit more airy and the sound could have a little more excitement like the Klipsch Custom3,other wise these nitpicking they are among the very best. Buy them right now!

thnx for reply...

josin

In the zone
i ordered them incenator

can you please tell me how to burn in them

Headphone 'Burn In' FAQ

How to Burn-in Your New Headphones for the Best Sound Quality | Life Hacker India

Burn In Guide | Tekfusion® - Twinwoofers, Ecoofers In-Ear Headphones

JLab Audio - Headphones, Earphones, Earbuds, USB Laptop Speakers, Cases & Accessories

Do I Really Need to "Break In" My Headphones for the Best Sound?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
play seawave crashing sound in low to moderate volume for the first 25 hours and then start playing accoustic in semi high volume levels for the next 25 hours bare minimum. For the next 50 hrs Rock on with anything you like,at human volume levels. Leave them on overnight with seawave crashing. Dont start playing loud as soon as you receive them.Best of Luck.

You love them for the first 100Hrs and they will love you back forver!

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
play seawave crashing sound in low to moderate volume for the first 25 hours and then start playing accoustic in semi high volume levels for the next 25 hours bare minimum. For the next 50 hrs Rock on with anything you like,at human volume levels. Leave them on overnight with seawave crashing. Dont start playing loud as soon as you receive them.Best of Luck.

You love them for the first 100Hrs and they will love you back forver!

thnx for reply bro!!

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
got them

obvious downgrade from my sennheiser momentum on-ear.. ofcourse price too

small soundstage than my sennheiser momentum on-ear

bass is nice

noise isolation is excellent

experiencing foaming tips first time.. excellent... very flexible... easily adopted to the size of my ear canal

better noise isolation than my klipsch s4

downside is highs

using with my samsung galaxy s2

burning in now as told by incinerator

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
actually i'm blown away by my momentum on-ear... thats why i didn't appreciate these buddies much...

i didn't get much time to listen se215...

i have a question guys...

i got sennheiser momentum on-ear recently...

my source is samsung galaxy s2, which has reputation for its bad audio quality(yamaha chip thingy)... also i got ipod shuffle, 2nd generation(very old one)...

when i first listen to momentum on my galaxy s2 and ipod shuffle.. i didn't satisfied... feel like not worth of its price and it sounded dull...

i saw on the package of momentum that it is made for apple family audio devices - iphone, ipod(shuffle(3rd generation or above), nano, touch, classic)

today i got a chance to listen them on my friend's ipod shuffle(4th generation).. now its got some life...

i decided to upgrade my source.. before i read on the package about apple audio devices, i was leaning towards fiio x3...

need suggestion for which pmp to buy..??

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Fiio X3 is little dull/warm/bassy sounding and if its that sound you like you will love them.Since the SE215 is already bassy ,the fiio x3 will just make the sound a little too thick that will kill the air in treble making the complex soundstages sound unweildy through swift musical passages. Try the SE215 with energetic sources like Sony Xperia Z or higer models, Iphone 5, HTC one X etc etc.....and then decide on an amp/pmp.

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
hmm...

i cant afford xperia z, iphone5, etc,... bro

i want to buy pmp only

it seems se215 won't be that much friendly with fiio x3

plz suggest alternatives bro.. also consider that i have sennheiser momentum on-ear which is the main reason that i want to upgrade my source

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Dear Chandhu,

Get the clip+ or clip zip. Later you will have plethora of options in the portable AMPs but what you need now is the good source first.

If you have a good budget so Cowon J3

OP
C

chandhu

Broken In
yeah... heard good things about cowon j3 bro... but heard that it is discontinued..

i dont want anything but superior audio quality player.. wont care if it dont play videos

any alternatives..??

Last edited:
Top Bottom