Shud Aerated Drinks Be Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Ultimate Z Fighter said:
I feel soft drinks shouldn't be banned...Schools are just using this issue as a publicity stunt. Why didn't they ban it 2-3 years earlier when this first started. Moreover, Pepsi is pretty cool...burp..enjoy
Yeah the burp thing is cool. But I know one school for sure which banned these pesticide containers a long time back. Its DPS mathura ROad. Ask any dipsite.

bharat_r

In the zone
Ramdoss wantes the 'govenment' to manufacture sugarcane juice & fresh fruit juice & sell them.
How can we be sure the water used for making fresh fruit juice is pure without contamination???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
bharat_r said:
Ramdoss wantes the 'govenment' to manufacture sugarcane juice & fresh fruit juice & sell them.
How can we be sure the water used for making fresh fruit juice is pure without contamination???
+1

mediator

Technomancer
bharat_r said:

Good pt. Then they shud make it in front of us. Neways that leads to further questioning that how do u know the water coming to ur household is pure ?? Yea I know u'll say aquaguard and all. So these fruit juice makers shud also use aqua guards in same way!

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
I think at least the government's stand on banning those aerated drinks from the school/college scene is justifiable. Protecting kids/teens is appropriate, especially at a stage of their life where they can't filter out the 'good' from the 'glamour'.

Banning aerated stuff on a whole is unjustified and I'm against it.

thadeus

Broken In
Come on guys, we are all educated, let us spend more than just a few seconds to think about this one.

Have you ever wondered why the governments (read: politicians) do not bother about the local soda brands which are manufactured with far less quality standards, and may contain more germs and pesticides than the multinational brands?

Have you ever wondered how, even after so much protests and outrage, the big companies still manage to run their business as usual?

The wise can read the connection between the above two.

After all, politicians like to create trouble only for big companies - not out of public interest, but for their own personal benefits.

Read the newspapers after a month or so, and you will not find a word about this. So much for public interest. Does anyone REALLY care?

Let us think of the root cause of the problem. Pepsi and coke do not bring water from the USA. They use our water, and OUR water is contaminated. It is again due to the greed of our politicians (the people you and me elected), who are not bothered about ANYTHING, and go on approving every fertilizer and pesticide. Our lands are becoming toxic, and our waters are getting contaminated.

Forget about aerated drinks, test the glass of water that you drink everyday, and it might contain more pesticide than a can of cola.

Our children will never forgive us for casting our votes for such selfish people. Heaven knows, maybe in the future cola maybe the only safe(r) drink on earth.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Even Sample Bottles of Bisleri and Other Mineral bottles have been found having equal traces of Pesticide.
"thadeus" is so right .The water after all is impure. Its not that Pepsi and Coke get the water from US or they purposly add pestiside.
If things are to be banned ..dont bansoft drinks ban all of the water.

knight17

In the zone
They are just giving us second quality products in EU countries if anything harmful is found by just one billionth of the allotted level it is banned.
Here they think no one is to moniter.

ECE0105

In the zone
Instead of Banning them as a face gesture and then getting them back again....
Why doesn't the Govt. insist on Improving the quality of the Drink ??????
This Drama is going on since 2 years now... And Our politicians are too busy with reservations than Health & Hygenie.....

mediator

Technomancer
ECE0105 said:
Instead of Banning them as a face gesture and then getting them back again....
Why doesn't the Govt. insist on Improving the quality of the Drink ??????
This Drama is going on since 2 years now... And Our politicians are too busy with reservations than Health & Hygenie.....

Agreed!

abhineet

tech geek
yes dude why go for soft drinks. i used to take soft drinks once in a month,but now there is no point wasting my money on it.And infact you people wont believe me that one of my friend died because he used to drink 2 litre of colas every day,its not that the colas actually killed him , but he gained a lot of weight.

Definitely against it.

nix

i'm against colas coz it takes more than 1.5 litre of water to make 1.5 litre of cola. there aer ppl in india dying coz of no water so these colas should be banned, they're takin up all the ground water :(

Simple_Graduate

Broken In
They should be banned in schools and parents should not stock them at home...cause kids get addicted and turn into fat slobs in their youth and midle-age.

bharat_r

In the zone
I drink airated drinks very rarely....very rarely like abt 2 bottls a year
So I'm in their side.
Just using my head....

Let the govt first ban Alcoholic beverages...many teenagers comsume alcoholic beverages more than airated drinks.

paul_007

Padawan
guys just wait for ,2 or 3 weeks , everything will be forgotten like the last time when same topic relating to pesticides was started, those who are hating PEPSI/COKE will themselve start having it "AGAIN" :))

Vyasram

The pWnster
dunno why they ban colas instead of beers. Dont ban them or atmost make them abv 13 . I drink abt 1L a month so i am strongly on their side.

santu_29

Journeyman
its not whether they should be or should not be banned... they simply cant be banned... people alwas go for things which give them pleasure, eventhough it may be harmful... so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom