Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No, save environment.

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey frnds, let me ask you a very simple question. Is it worth having IPL. Shouldn't it be banned. I support that it should be. Reasons below

1. At the time when we all are talking about environmental pollution:-(. At the time when we are standing where we should do something to prevent this deadly pollution, we are seeing IPL matches. Didn't you the lights which runs for so much time, wasting many mega watts of electricity. :-x Wouldn't it lead to pollution.

2. When we say that India has nearly 26 crores poor people (according to census of 2001), we are wasting crores of rupees on IPL:sad:. Is this fair, if all these would have been given to many policies run by govt., wouldn't it lead to some if not much upliftment of those poor family.

We are just seeing it for entertainment. Dont you think removing IPL will be good. Tell me frnds.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Dude... i am sure you even do a lot of things which is wasting money... like gaming on ur pc.. which even require electricity...

We can still save electricity if we try to stop its waste not by not using the same. We can help poor by contributing money not by not spending on our self

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
ajayashish, you didn't understand what i want to say. I m not saying i m against IPL or against cricket. I also used to play cricket with my frnds. But here i don't think there is any use of IPL. Wasting so much time and money just for entertainment is not a wise thing.
Also as for games i used to play them but just for some time a day or even after some weeks and that too OSS. if we will not play games then what will happen to those developers who developed them.
Now pls dont say that what will happen to all those who are employed in IPL.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Do you understand that these games also make a lot of employment opportunity... i am not talking about the player... i am talking about the person who are not shown onscreen.

If you want to shave electricity ... call all ur friend and use one TV to watch it... don't just shut down everything and sit.... stop playing video games in that case..

If you want to help the poor then just contribute a nominal amount for them dont ask others to contribute... remember it is easy to say that we can help poor with that money but when we give that money to you ,,, you will say let it be with me...

no hard feelings but we always see what others are wasting not what we do

Rahim

Married!
Purely on financial terms, the PSUs providing electricity are being paid their due. Simple. But the real point is not that simple.

As to say about Govt's policies, the Central Govt and her machcineries are so active during this Jan-Mar to mop up their revenues and then gradually slow down and forget what to do with that money collected.
OFF-TOPIC: India is witnessing elections very regularly in one part or other and this requires plenty of moolah. Middle and Upper Class bears the brunt of the Political Machinery and thugs and YET Govt turns a blind eye.

Though employment oppurtunities are far better in India though there a skewed demand-supply ratio which brings down the wages considerably. But YET today a family is far better than a decade ago.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
2. When we say that India has nearly 26 crores poor people (according to census of 2001), we are wasting crores of rupees on IPL:sad:. Is this fair, if all these would have been given to many policies run by govt., wouldn't it lead to some if not much upliftment of those poor family.

I don't think there is any money waste in IPL. If we start to analyze how much money is wasted in India, there will be a huge list dude.
For example, the corrupt politicians, who fill their pocket with billions of rupees, and so on....

We are just seeing it for entertainment. Dont you think removing IPL will be good. Tell me frnds.

You may be watching it for entertainment, but not everyone. I think IPL rocks because india is getting more and more young players from it, who will be selected for national team. Since there will be great and talented players, India will always remain no. 1 ;-)

way2jatin

Journeyman
In terms of pollution IPL is definetly damaging resources
In terms of cricket it is injuring many indian players as you can see in T20 squad

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Why only IPL. Aren't there any other things which damage or deteriorate our environment?
Think about those mega music concerts, those award ceremonies.
I think its should go on.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
1.what tense is 'Should IPL exists' ? kindly correct that :)

2.i believe IPL is just entertainment which pays a lot to the participants.nothin more.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
ay IPL has approched Cricket. True Cricket should have remained within Tests and ODIs not even T20.

I am pretty sure when ODI was introduced in the 70s , many true Cricket lovers would've felt the same back then , that True Cricket should have remained within Tests and not in ODI!!

Anyway, the reason OP gave were pretty ridiculous !

Krow

Crowman
IPL sucks. It is a lame attempt by BCCI to copy the Football leagues. When the football leagues were made, they did not change the format of the game. Unlike IPL, which chose a shorter format. Poor copy of those leagues and another opportunity for the rich to get richer. Environment worries are not sound arguments, however the game has lost its charm. I am against this thing. If it was their original idea, then I would have given them some credit, but it is a richer version of the ICL. Lame.

Stuge

Youngling
hmm who are we to judge ..IPL should exists ...

THough , this year I'm not following IPL that much .Like I did in the last two seasons .

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Problems with everything?

mind you the keyword is true cricket lover would disapprove the way IPL has approched Cricket.
okk.

True Cricket fans = fans which won't mind wasting 8 hours or 5 days of their life for a single match? I don't think so. (Do correct me.)

you got to stop somewhere....
already stopped at T20.

When the football leagues were made, they did not change the format of the game. Unlike IPL, which chose a shorter format.
:rolleyes:

The only thing bad is flat pitches and Mandira Bedi. We need a contest between the bowler and the batsman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom