Should I sell my Xperia P for Galaxy Grand

xVk

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guyz . I currently own a Xperia P . I bought it back a month or a two . But lately , this Galaxy Grand has caught my eye . Actually , i'm a heavy user . My Xperia P does perform tasks elegantly . But the matter that has led me to this stage is it's battery . 1305 mAh won't suffice me , as it barely survives 4 hours of heavy usage . Galaxy Grand sporting a massive 2100 mAh Battery should survive 7-8 hours of heavy usage. But the only thing refraining me from buying grand is it's Screen display and resolution . I'm very into browsing , gaming etc . So will the Grand's display affect 'em . please suggest me here guys .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Grand screen resolution is pathetic, I check this with one of my colleague who had this.. it will be like going from 1080p to VGA.. stick to Xperia P, use a external battery back.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Don't do that. Better option would be sell Xperia P and go for LG L9. Much better compared to Grand and LG already announce JB update for L9.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hell no for Galaxy Grand. Consider this:

1. Get external battery pack with 4000mAh+ juice (Targus APB27US iPad and Tablet Battery Booster with 4800mAh battery)
2. Save money for a two/four krait core+2GB RAM + heavy battery smartphone so that you can get a long life. The newer Krait is very very good w.r.t power usage and with right optimization from OEMs, we will see new phones with superb battey life.

the.one

In the zone
I think Grand is better than L9 except for the display resolution deparment.
Ppl might argue about the Videocore GPU, but since there are lesser pixels to manage, it does well enough.

Otherwise I would also suggest holding on to ur Xperia P for some more time for much better things than the Grand & L9.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guyz . I currently own a Xperia P . I bought it back a month or a two . But lately , this Galaxy Grand has caught my eye . Actually , i'm a heavy user . My Xperia P does perform tasks elegantly . But the matter that has led me to this stage is it's battery . 1305 mAh won't suffice me , as it barely survives 4 hours of heavy usage . Galaxy Grand sporting a massive 2100 mAh Battery should survive 7-8 hours of heavy usage. But the only thing refraining me from buying grand is it's Screen display and resolution . I'm very into browsing , gaming etc . So will the Grand's display affect 'em . please suggest me here guys .

Don't even think of doing that. As suggested you may check out L9 but then compared to the Xperia P, even it does not make sense. But there is one thing : the grand has a low res display but t
It isn't obvious. You should rather check the Micromax Canada HD :p

randomuser111

Technomancer
Totally not worth it. As others suggested, get an external battery pack. You can upgrade later in the year or next year

tkin

Back to school!!
If you invest in a cheap battery pack(not Chinese cr@p mind it), then Xperia P is truly an amazing phone.

Also randomuser111, doesn't any company make a larger battery for Xperia P? Or is the battery not removable?

OP
X

xVk

Right off the assembly line
Albeit of being a Such a Xtreme Tech-Geek , How could i be so lunatic to forget about external battery banks . Guys also suggest me good and an affordable ext. battery backup

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia P has a non removable battery as its an aluminum unibody design.

@OP

check this out

3500mAh portable power ;)

*www.sony.co.in/product/cp-f1lsa

aroraanant

Explorer
Please don't trade your P for Grand, keep your phone with you and when you have enough money then buy a good phone.

the.one

In the zone
Interesting that they don't take into account the GPU or the camera sensor size and pic quality, not bad, but not even close to GSMArena duels.

Its GPU doesn't do as good as the Mali variant, but its not far off, atleast thts wht I read somewhere, maybe on GSMArena.
Not sure abt the camera sensor size, but pic quality is close to the GS3.

tkin

Back to school!!
Its GPU doesn't do as good as the Mali variant, but its not far off, atleast thts wht I read somewhere, maybe on GSMArena.
Not sure abt the camera sensor size, but pic quality is close to the GS3.
Nope, the videocore GPU is bad, check GSMarena benchmarks, that GPU runs like a sloth: Samsung Galaxy S II Plus review: Golden oldie - GSMArena.com
Check GLBenchmark.

the.one

In the zone
Nope, the videocore GPU is bad, check GSMarena benchmarks, that GPU runs like a sloth: Samsung Galaxy S II Plus review: Golden oldie - GSMArena.com
Check GLBenchmark.

This is wht is mentioned in the link u direct towards:
"GLBenchmark runs offscreen at 1080p resolution - putting all our tested devices on equal footing. The Broadcom VideoCore IV HW GPU failed to beat the Mali-400MP inside the Galaxy S II, but stayed pretty close to it, nonetheless."

And the scores it indicates, it shows the S2Plus to be higher placed than the One X. So shouldn't it be good enough?

tkin

Back to school!!
This is wht is mentioned in the link u direct towards:
"GLBenchmark runs offscreen at 1080p resolution - putting all our tested devices on equal footing. The Broadcom VideoCore IV HW GPU failed to beat the Mali-400MP inside the Galaxy S II, but stayed pretty close to it, nonetheless."

And the scores it indicates, it shows the S2Plus to be higher placed than the One X. So shouldn't it be good enough?
Hmm, that's weird, cause:
*i.imgur.com/otZLEwk.png

*i.imgur.com/zBORlor.png

GLBenchmark - High performance mobile benchmark for OpenGL ES environment

Top Bottom