Should I sell my A8N SLI Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Broken In
Hi all.......

I have an A8N SLI Deluxe board. I bought this board when I was a computer enthusiast.....but now the comp is in my office.

Unfortunately the board gets into chipset fan trouble evry 3-4 months. The comp is main server and 5 clients are attached to it. Its really a big problem disconnecting the comp and taking it to the vendor and getting the fan changed very 3-4 months. I have talked to my vendor and he is ready to exchange it for another board.

I bought this board around Jan 2005 and except for the fan the board is a baby

My questions are

1 Should I sell this board and get a new one

2 If the answer to 1 Is yes then what price should I expect from my
vendor

3 Last but not the least, if i do sell this board which board should i
get. I need a no frill but High Performance board which should
come within the sale proceeds of the SLI (Maybe a little extra)

4 I am from chandigarh and if anyone of u is interested in buying
this board do pm me

Hope u will sort my confusion out

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The early editions of the board did have issues with the northbridge fan. I suggest you get Asus to replace the board. If it dosen't work out you could sell it and get a Asus A8N-E which is basically the same board minus the SLI.
As far as buying from you is concerned, why would anyone buy a motherboard they know is defective?

TechGuru#1

In the zone
thetopcyborg said:
HEy, Im buying a A8N-SLI (new) in a few days, shud i go for it or no? has the problem been rectified now?

Yeah fikar not yaar!
The Recent Bios updates have all the fixes.
anyway, me on my A8N SLI Premium running perfectly stable!

Vyasram

The pWnster
Me had chipset fan troubles with a8n-e , ask asus, they'll put a bigger and better fan on ur mobo.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
get a A8N Sli premium.. it heatpipes to cool chipset so....
No Chipset Fan.. No Problem :D

BTW i have one and it is super kool

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. u can contact the Asus dealers .. they should send in a replacement fan (a lot better) ... that should solve the problem .. also update the bios to ramove any kind of hardware conflict ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom