Should i replace my new motherboard

jassgrewal

Broken In
hey guys recently i got my new rig but my assembler put wrong mobo dh67vr .i ordered intel dp67bg but he was enable to find that so should i stick with vr or change it and get other asus mobos .This mobo vr is also cheaper but i want performance plz give suggestions

configuration
i5 2500k
4g corsair vengeance
1 tb hd
sapphire 6970
corsair gs 600

saswat23

Human Spambot
Surely change that MoBo. Its just a waste if you keep that. You have a GPU with a k proccy. So with this H67 board you can't OC. If intel P67 is not available then go with Asus/Gigabyte/MSI mobos.

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
is some sort of risk involved in oc like heating issues actually i m a beginner so doesn't know that type of tricks
waht will be a good mobo within 10 k

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
If ur too worried about overclocking hazzle buy msi p67a-gd55 which has 1 touch oc genie,Which can oc u r proccy to 4.2ghz with entering the bios and its also within ur budget.
New generation proccys like k series are designed for ocing with unlocked multiplers and to withstand extreme ocing without any sideeffects unlike previous gen proccys.If u have a well ventilated cabinet then dont worry about temps.

saswat23

Human Spambot
completely agree scudmissile007. Get the mobo he has suggeste.
You are beginner its ok. But if wouldn't have bought the GPU intel H67 would have been the choice. But as you have already bought Radeon 6850, so better exchange the H67 for a P67 board.
BTW is your dealer ready to exchange..???

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
i have cm elite 430 and if i oc to 4.2ghz wouldn't i need a processor cooler
@ saswat23 yeah my dealer is ready to exchange and i have sapphire 6970 not 6850

saswat23

Human Spambot
Ooops, sorry.
Yes, you can very well OC SB 'k' CPUs to 4+ GHz with the stock cooler itself. SB CPUs are much cooler, so no problem.
But before OCing watch some videos about it in Youtube for a clearer idea.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Not only msi but asus, gigabyte etc also provide auto oc tools.

Better u wait a little for z68 mobos. Or get a Gigabyte P67A UD3 B3 imo.

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
thnks guys i have one more ques?
is my psu gs 600 is fine for my sytem it was recommened my dealer and i hav confusion about it ?

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
actually i just want gaming will new motherboard bring more fps to the games or system will be more fast and also suggest me a budgeted cpu coller

saswat23

Human Spambot
Which mobo are you intended to buy..??
BTW there is no link of mobo with FPS. It actually depends on the processor and GPU in use.
There is absolutely no need of Additonal CPU cooler. The stock cooler is sufficient as SBs run much cooler than any other proccy. Even if you OC i5-2500k to 4+GHz, you wont require any other CPU cooler.

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
i want to buy the mobo within 10-12k .should i buy online ,i had never buy online is there is sort of risk involved in online buying

saswat23

Human Spambot
there is no risk buying online. But provided you buy from reputed sites. Many of our forum members have bought many parts from different online shops and are really satisfied.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
there is always a risk buying online.

but if you buy from reputed sites that use industry standard encryption (minimum 128-bit SSL) then the risk is greatly minimized.

personally i prefer shops as i can see what i buy and examine it first.but if you have no choice, then buy from secure and reputed online stores ;)

Top Bottom