Should I go for WD 2TB Caviar Black?

rahul941400

Broken In
Hey Guys,
So I've got a 1TB Caviar Green currently, which is probably the bottleneck to my overall system rating (5.9), Nevertheless I wanted to upgrade to 2TB so thought this time I should go for 2TB Caviar black, are there any better alternatives? Or should I really just stick to my 1TB Green and just get another external hard drive, although I feel its a lot of trouble backing up the data and I hate deleting stuff and my 1TB is always on the brink of the bottle these days.
Let me know your advices guys.

*www.snapdeal.com/product/wd-caviar...omputers-internal-hard-drives_wdgt4in1_186253

Thanks!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
First of all, WEI (windows experience index) is a crap rating system, strictly advised not to follow.

Coming to your HDD, I'd personally suggest you to go for WD blue or even green (better get an external HDD), plus a 120 gb SSD. This would greatly boost your system performance along with less space issue.

^ agree, normal hard disk + ssd is way better than one expensive fast hard disk. And the only way you'll feel the speed is going to be the os and games load up time, so I suggest you to get 2 TB hard disk + 120 GB ssd.

^ agree, normal hard disk + ssd is way better than one expensive fast hard disk. And the only way you'll feel the speed is going to be the os and games load up time, so I suggest you to get 2 TB hard disk + 120 GB ssd.

OP
R

rahul941400

Broken In
You guys are probably right, but SSD's do cost a hell alot, and maybe I forgot to mention it but I do have budget restriction here. How about this, I already have a 1TB Caviar Green, I'll get a 1TB external and a 64 GB OCZ agility 3?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Caviar greens are slow and unreliable, WD Black happens to be the most reliable and fastest drive now a days, also 5yrs warranty, but the 2TB version sells for waay too much, get the 1TB black(make sure to get the 1002FAEX) and a small SSD, like 120GB, should be around 12k for the entire setup.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You guys are probably right, but SSD's do cost a hell alot, and maybe I forgot to mention it but I do have budget restriction here. How about this, I already have a 1TB Caviar Green, I'll get a 1TB external and a 64 GB OCZ agility 3?

No 64GB SSD, never. Opt for at least 120GB. And yeah, prefer blue over green.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I will advice to go with 2TB Black. You'll get nice performance+reliability. Yes it won't come near SSD but you'll get space. :)

Top Bottom