Should i go for w950i????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
Guys, plz help me make this^^^ decision.

These r my doubts regarding the phone:
1. The phone has 4 GB of internal memory which is more than enough for me. But m wondering if the phone will become slow if i use more than 3 GB.

2. This is a UIQ phone. So will opera mobile(ver8.65 or later) work on this phone? Coz m usin a 6600 and dont wanna miss such s60 applications.

3. Also i would like to ask, i have not seen the navigation keys anywhere on the phone. So do i completely hav to depend on the touch-screen to navigate through the menu. Coz i mostly use my phone for surfing so the navigation has to be good enough. Will the jog dial really make things easier?

4. *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w950-1443.php
^^^This site shows that w950 is a class 10 gprs phone with EDGE only in W958c which is available for ChinaMainland. Can someone plz confirm this.

Thanx in advance :)

azzu

AJJU
for ur first query: no yaar it wont become slow its not a NOKIa
second: there's opera mini for u but u wll miss s60 softs but there r lots of softs for u on mobile9.com
third: i dont know
fourth:thats correct info

go for it :D

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
1. If you keep your files nicely sorted in folder, it wont get slow. Not on Nokia, Not on any mobile. If all the files are in a single folder, even computers will take time to read them.

Opera Mobile Website said:
For all UIQ 3 phones Opera is already preinstalled.
W950i is UIQ3 phone.
It wont support the S60 applications, but most of the famous softwares have UIQ3 versions too.

3. It is a touchscreen phone, so you shall have to use your stylus only.

4. Normal ones are 3G enabled. Chinese one just has the Edge i think.

As for the bigger question - My answer would be no.
Reasons -
* No camera
* 256K color screen
* No Expandable Memory
* No WiFi

Go for N95.

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
is w960i..out in Indian market.

I think W960i is upgraded version of W950i.
Look at this page:
*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip7&zone=pp&pid=10908

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Thanx for ur quick replies guys. Actually i dont really need a camera. My budget is 11-12k. So if i get this phone within 12k in mumbai, then i wud probably go for it. 4GB is enough or me. Expandable memory is no needed

I use airtel gprs. as this phone does not hav edge in it, then will i b atleast benefitted with the 3g speed.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
3G is not available here yet (tho i guess, it'll soon be). if you don't get it widin 12k then you may try the SE M600i. its available under 13k.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Thanx for ur replies guys. Actually my stupid college has banned camera phones. So m goin for a non-cam cell. Yesterday was a disappointing day for me. I went to some shops, 6 to b precise. I asked ther cost of w950 and to my utter surprise, these r the answers i got:
Shop no 1) Not available.
Shop no 2 and 3) The company has discontinued the model(And these two shops were Sony Ericsson outlets.... WTF:angry:)
Shop no 3 and 4) Cost is Rs.28500/- I explained to them dat the p1i is a much superior phone and yet its cost is only 22-23k. They told me that the w950 was launched long back but the company has yet not lowered the price.
Shop no 6) Not available

Now m wondering wat to do............

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

pushkaraj if you live in Mumbai, why don't you go to Alfa in vile-parle west? They still have W950i. Last time i saw they were selling it for around 11k without bill.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
pushkaraj said:
Actually my stupid college has banned camera phones.
that sure is a crazy college:mad: :mad: !!! Is there any reason?
Answering another question, u dont have to depend on the touch screen. There is a scroll wheel at the side. Even P1i has one..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
cooldudie3 said:
that sure is a crazy college:mad: :mad: !!! Is there any reason?
Answering another question, u dont have to depend on the touch screen. There is a scroll wheel at the side. Even P1i has one..

Dude, even my coll's prospectus says no Camera phone. sadly, no one would have even read it ;)

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
rediff shopping priced it as 12k, so take a look there.......
Rediff link
shops sometimes rate some old models overpriced, like Nokia 5500..... here and in some website its 12k, but in Mumbai its now only 7k:mad:

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Ok guys am currently posting from my uncle's w580i. Featureswise the phone is good. But typing from the keypad is a pain in the a pain in the a** the reasons being ericsson's difficult texting system and w580i's tacky keypad. Yet m thinking of buying this phone. Wat are your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom